Posted to rec.audio.car
keith keith is offline

Default Latest and greatest sub??

Hi All,
I haven't looked into this subject in a Long time, and from browsing
recent posts, it look like there have been some advancements... So - I'm
doing a small, sealed fiberglass enclosure for my Scion xA (rear corner
of the car), and I'm looking for an efficient 10" sub that will do well
with 250WRMS at 2 Ohms (Directed 250D).

Rest of the system:
Pioneer Premier 860P
Morel 6.2 components up front driven by:
ESX 120^2

I'm looking to keep it simple, stealth, and compact. the mounting depth
needs to be somewhat shallow (8" max)

Subs I've been happy with in the past:
Hsu research AW12.2
Adire Audio Shiva
AlumaPro 10's

Any ideas? the B&M's around here really only do the mainstream stuff -
Pioneer, Boston, Alpine, etc... I'm not afraid to go with something
esoteric off the internet if it's inexpensive and comes with some good
recommendations. As you can see, I've done that before.

Thanks for the input,

Keith
Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

keith wrote:
[...]

What about a Dayton Sub like this one:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=295-550

Believe it or not, I am seeing many DIY car audio guys using not so
mainstream stuff in their cars these days with GREAT results!