Posted to rec.audio.car
Andy Lawson Andy Lawson is offline

Default Recommendations for a head unit.

Hi all.

I'm looking for a new head unit with that will playback MP3s from
internal storage. Ideally this would be at least 20Gb.

I've seen head units from VDO that support up to 2Gb of storage - are
there any out there that support bigger memory cards? Are there any out
there with internal HDDs?

Here's the VDO unit I saw;
http://www.vdodayton.com/default2_an...cd_2737_b.aspx

Thanks for any help!
Posted to rec.audio.car
Andy Lawson Andy Lawson is offline

ruens wrote:
What a discrace for a headunit. You might want to pass on this one and
shop around a bit more.

That's exactly what I want to do - I'm looking for recommendations.
Do you have any?

Cheers!
Posted to rec.audio.car
Deke Deke is offline

"Andy Lawson" wrote in message
node...
Hi all.

I'm looking for a new head unit with that will playback MP3s from
internal storage. Ideally this would be at least 20Gb.

I've seen head units from VDO that support up to 2Gb of storage - are
there any out there that support bigger memory cards? Are there any out
there with internal HDDs?

Here's the VDO unit I saw;
http://www.vdodayton.com/default2_an...cd_2737_b.aspx

Thanks for any help!

I'm using this Dual XHD6425, with my ipod, or laptop, or listening to mp3 or
WMA discs. Plus HD radio.
Don't have Bluetooth enabled phone though.
Paid $128 for it, and it really, REALLY surprised me.
Was going to just use it while my Chrysler OEM Infinity Gold unit was being
repaired, but it may have to stay in the dash.
As with all modern units I've seen, I hate, loathe and despise all the tiny
unlit buttons, but the remote control makes up for the inconvenience. Plus
the sound is incredible on HD radio.

YMMV

Deke

Posted to rec.audio.car
Andy Lawson Andy Lawson is offline

I'm using this Dual XHD6425, with my ipod, or laptop, or listening to mp3 or
WMA discs. Plus HD radio.

Thanks mate - I'll check it out!
Posted to rec.audio.car
Deke Deke is offline

"Andy Lawson" wrote in message
node...
I'm using this Dual XHD6425, with my ipod, or laptop, or listening to

mp3 or
WMA discs. Plus HD radio.

Thanks mate - I'll check it out!

And I finally got around to checking out the front USB port.
The display reads the contents of the memory stick just fine, and the
"expander" circuitry works great!

Deke

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

I don't know about a HU with internal storage off the top of my head, but
Kenwood sells a unit with a USB port (and a 1/4 AUX in port) right in the
front of the unit. You could use a memory stick to easily transfer MP3's
from computer to HU.

As I've often said, a HU with an SD slot in front would be great as they now
sell inexpensive 4 gig SD cards. It seems like a natual fit. My guess is
that Sandisk will not liscense the technology to Alpine, Kenwood, Sony, JVC,
ect. This is a pitty as it would make discs (which are subject to scratches
and skipping) obsolete.

MOSFET

Head unit PanHandler Car Audio 6 June 10th 06 04:08 AM
FORD factory 6 DISC CD unit. Can I ad an AMP and SUB to the factory system while keeping the stock head unit?? ben Car Audio 4 May 11th 06 10:35 AM
New Head Unit? Mike Davis via CarKB.com Car Audio 0 April 28th 05 06:05 AM
MP3 Head Unit Macross Car Audio 1 September 21st 04 05:51 AM
Head-Unit Set-up Midnight Moocher Car Audio 2 May 27th 04 10:13 PM