Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

Default Schoeps mk22

Guys, I got a new schoeps this week.... an mk22 "open cardioid." It has a response very similar to an Omni but with a respectable rear rejection. It is stunning as a soloist/spot microphone. I've been making test recordings the last few days in my new room with my guitar and I am really impressed with how natural the pickup is. I cannot wait to do some work with it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 8/01/2017 9:18 PM, Nate Najar wrote:
Guys, I got a new schoeps this week.... an mk22 "open cardioid." It
has a response very similar to an Omni but with a respectable rear
rejection. It is stunning as a soloist/spot microphone. I've been
making test recordings the last few days in my new room with my
guitar and I am really impressed with how natural the pickup is. I
cannot wait to do some work with it.

Wider than the 'wide-cardioid' setting on a C414B-XLS (but presumably
less coloured) ?

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

I've never used a 414 xls. B-uls owner here. But basically it sounds like a superb Omni yet has rear rejection. It isn't so much that it is a wide pickup, it's that it has a very natural pickup.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 08-01-2017 16:44, Nate Najar wrote:

I've never used a 414 xls. B-uls owner here. But basically it sounds like a superb
Omni yet has rear rejection. It isn't so much that it is a wide pickup, it's that
it has a very natural pickup.

About 6 dB audience noise rejection. A full cardioid, like C42, gets 10 dB.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 3:18:14 AM UTC-5, Nate Najar wrote:
Guys, I got a new schoeps this week.... an mk22 "open cardioid." It has a response very similar to an Omni but with a respectable rear rejection. It is stunning as a soloist/spot microphone. I've been making test recordings the last few days in my new room with my guitar and I am really impressed with how natural the pickup is. I cannot wait to do some work with it.

Excuse me, I would like to hear some examples of your guitar playing!

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

geoff wrote:
On 8/01/2017 9:18 PM, Nate Najar wrote:
Guys, I got a new schoeps this week.... an mk22 "open cardioid." It
has a response very similar to an Omni but with a respectable rear
rejection. It is stunning as a soloist/spot microphone. I've been
making test recordings the last few days in my new room with my
guitar and I am really impressed with how natural the pickup is. I
cannot wait to do some work with it.

See, I was never a huge fan of those. Yes, they have nearly the low end
extension of the omni while still having some directionality, but they
never seemed to be a thing I found myself needing. I either needed more
directionality or none at all.

Wider than the 'wide-cardioid' setting on a C414B-XLS (but presumably
less coloured) ?

Even set as an omni, the C414 is very directional at high frequencies.
In wide-cardioid mode, it is still very very narrow in the top octave,
which seems the dominant character of the thing to me. The mk22 is
more uniform by a long shot.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

Scott,

It is perfect for close miking the guitar in the studio because you can get it close in and still get a fairly accurate picture of the whole instrument, as you would with an Omni, but you still get some rejection and you don't pay for it with off axis response. I have to pull the mk41 back about 36" or more to get a correct sound and it still isn't as natural as this.

schoeps Nate Najar Pro Audio 4 February 24th 06 06:28 PM
schoeps Nate Najar Pro Audio 20 February 24th 06 05:08 AM
where to buy schoeps? Nate Najar Pro Audio 10 July 21st 05 08:29 PM
Schoeps dealer in Canada? Or, WTB:Schoeps Gord Pro Audio 2 April 26th 05 05:51 PM
FS Schoeps CMC 5 and MK4 giant nut Pro Audio 0 June 30th 04 03:26 PM