Posted to rec.audio.pro
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default Neumann M150 DIN plugs

Hi,

I need to fit new 8-pin DIN connectors to a Neumann M150 mic cable. Anyone know which off the shelf parts will fit/lock to the Mic/PSU correctly?

Cheers,

Gareth.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

gareth magennis wrote:

I need to fit new 8-pin DIN connectors to a Neumann M150 mic cable. Anyone know which off the shelf parts will fit/lock to the Mic/PSU correctly?

You want an "8-pin tuchel" connector.
Amphenol-Tuchel series C091A.

Here is the male one, you want the female one I believe:
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...GCTTlj4A%3d%3d
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 2:00:52 PM UTC, Scott Dorsey wrote:
gareth magennis wrote:

I need to fit new 8-pin DIN connectors to a Neumann M150 mic cable. Anyone know which off the shelf parts will fit/lock to the Mic/PSU correctly?

You want an "8-pin tuchel" connector.
Amphenol-Tuchel series C091A.

Here is the male one, you want the female one I believe:
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...GCTTlj4A%3d%3d

Thanks, Scott, actually I want both cable ends, and Farnell UK have both genders in stock. (Amphenol parts T 3504 001 and T 3505 001)

Thanks very much,

Gareth.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

gareth magennis wrote:

Thanks, Scott, actually I want both cable ends, and Farnell UK have
both genders in stock. (Amphenol parts T 3504 001 and T 3505 001)

** Don't you need gold plated ones to go with that US$6500 mic ?

..... Phil
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Reinhard Zwirner[_2_] Reinhard Zwirner[_2_] is offline

Phil Allison schrieb:
gareth magennis wrote:

Thanks, Scott, actually I want both cable ends, and Farnell UK have
both genders in stock. (Amphenol parts T 3504 001 and T 3505 001)

** Don't you need gold plated ones to go with that US$6500 mic ?

Maybe - but there's no money left ;-)

SCNR

Reinhard

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

gareth magennis wrote:

Thanks, Scott, actually I want both cable ends, and Farnell UK have
both genders in stock. (Amphenol parts T 3504 001 and T 3505 001)

** Don't you need gold plated ones to go with that US$6500 mic ?

..... Phil

The originals are indeed gold plated. They also have a solder tag which
solders the cable screen to both metal shrouds, as well as the Ground pin.

The Amphenols don't have either.

I'm not at all bothered by a lack of gold Bling, but I think I might now
connect both housings to the cable screen, even though it might not be
strictly necessary.
This will, I believe, directly connect the Power supply chassis to the Mic
chassis, though I suspect this is done internally via the ground pin anyway?

I don't have the (expensive) Mic or Power Supply to try this out, just the
cable.

Gareth.