Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jack Jarmush Jack Jarmush is offline

Default which active speaker for bass and vocals ?

Hello good audio peeps,

I am looking for an active speaker to use for small gigs that can
handle bass and vocals, it needs to be small and light enough to take
on the metro here in Paris, i'm considering this one:

BEHRINGER EUROLIVE B212D http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/B212D.aspx

Do you think the 12" speaker will handle bass ? and also vocals ? or
do i need a 15" speaker ?

thanks for your advise,
JJ
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Jack Jarmush wrote:

I am looking for an active speaker to use for small gigs that can
handle bass and vocals, it needs to be small and light enough to take
on the metro here in Paris, i'm considering this one:

BEHRINGER EUROLIVE B212D http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/B212D.aspx

Do you think the 12" speaker will handle bass ? and also vocals ? or
do i need a 15" speaker ?

Bass and vocals are the worst possible combination. You want good clean
midrange reproduction, and you also want low end response. It's hard to
get both of these together, especially in a small box.

I'd go with a small bass amp and then separate 8" coaxial for the vocals.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On May 23, 12:46*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
Jack Jarmush wrote:

I am looking for an active speaker to use for small gigs that can
handle bass and vocals, it needs to be small and light enough to take
on the metro here in Paris, i'm considering this one:

BEHRINGER EUROLIVE B212D *http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/B212D.aspx

Do you think the 12" speaker will handle bass ? and also vocals ? or
do i need a 15" speaker *?

Bass and vocals are the worst possible combination. *You want good clean
midrange reproduction, and you also want low end response. *It's hard to
get both of these together, especially in a small box.

I'd go with a small bass amp and then separate 8" coaxial for the vocals.

thanks Scott, i'm a bass voice, does that make a difference ?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Jack Jarmush wrote:

thanks Scott, i'm a bass voice, does that make a difference ?

Nope. Find a speaker that sounds good on your voice with your mike and
go from there.