Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] rob@radiorob.com is offline

Default Octave pedal to simulate walking bass

On May 15, 11:23*pm, "Mr.Will" wrote:
Heya JJ

Not wanting to talk you out of anything - but alot of simulating a bass can
be to do with the feel and tone you put into it, rather than the octave you
play in.
Ive done alot of solo "band on a guitar" type of thing - running basslines
with the thumb, chordal parts with the fingers etc and maybe a melody too
(or just backing a singer this way).
Tuck Andress is a master of the style - Im sure his thing of doing walking
basslines while chordal stabbing and creating the illusion of two parts
happening is online, and its more to do with putting a different feel on the
bass part to the chordal part. In fact I'll find the link now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZDee_Jv3Ds

This may not be what you are looking for, but definitely is a good option at
times.
id suggest the "feel" of your parts is more important than the octave,

Mr.Will

wrote in message

Hello Audio.pro peeps,
I'm not sure what to do and got such great advise from this group
before i'm hoping you can help me out with this one; I want to use a
guitar to simulate jazz walking bass while i loop it then play sax on
top, i don't want mixed guitar/bass octaves but just the bass octave,
i have a boss loop pedal and now need an octave pedal, do you think
the cheap Behringer Ultra Octaver UE300 for 19euros will do the job ?
I will be playing through a Roland AC33 amp.
thanks,
JJ- Hide quoted text -

thanks for the link, Tuck is amazing ! yeah i guess you're right,
while i was waiting for the Behringer octave pedal to arrive from
germany (Paris stores dont stock Behringer products for some reason) i
went and tried out a boss and it doesn't pass for an acceptable bass
sound so i'm sure the Behringer will be no use, back to the drawing
board, i thought to preload bass parts into the loop pedal but i still
have feelings that that's somehow cheating ..