AudioholicAnonymous_11163 AudioholicAnonymous_11163 is offline
Junior Member

Location: central Kansas
Default Upgrades...?

I plan on making a few upgrades to my turntable in the near future and was wanting some opinions on how much is really necessary. I'm starting off with a Gemini TT-01 MKII full manual belt drive turntable with included headshell and CN-1000 cartridge. My plan is to order an Audio-technica AT95E cartridge, SOAR HD4 headshell lead wires, and an Acoustech Stylus Force Gauge, most likely from LP Gear. I was considering also getting a LP Gear Pro Headshell, but am wondering if it would even make any real differnce in fidelity?; it has an available screw on weight, but is that actualy needed? I'm also planning on going cheap and just ordering the LP Gear ProTractor cartridge alignment tool, is this going to be more trouble than it's worth to use, or incredibly inaccurate? Basicaly, am I going to be sorry I went cheap? Just hoping to get advice and hear from experiance.