Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Greg Wormald[_3_] Greg Wormald[_3_] is offline

Default How good is the line input on a 2007 MacBook Pro?

In article ,
Robert Peirce wrote:

I want to input some non-digital material into iTunes. Some of it is=20=

very high quality vinyl. Some is on 15ips tape. The easiest way to do=20=

this is to run the tape-out on my preamp to the input on my Mac and=20
transfer it to HD with Pure Vinyl or something similar. However, this=20=

requires an A-D conversion.
=20
Is the converter in the Mac good enough? If not, what is a better=20
option?

I've only ever used the A-D converter in the Griffin iMic. Mind you, =
I've also never compared it with anything 'cause I still have the vinyl.

There are lots of A-D converters out there, from $40 on up, so if I was =
serious I'd be Googling for reviews of the results from the various =
chips.

Greg=