Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default HP 333A schematic wanted.

Does anyone have a *readable* electronic copy of the schematic for
HP-333A distortion measurer?

The one I have which was given to me had lots of faulty plug on leads
to pcb boards which are double sided, with discrete SS comnonents. I
fixed all the loose leads but the volt meter starts to measure wrong
voltages after turn on. It begins measuring nearly OK then the Vrms
reading drifts upwards to about twice the correct value. I searched
with Google for 2 hours for a free copy, and of course some sites said
they had free copies, but there always was a hefty fee to pay, so I
have nothing. An Army user manual has some difficult to follow user
instructions but no service info.

The HP is not as simple and easy to use to use or as revealing as the
THD meter I designed and built 14 years ago, but my meter only does 1
frequency, 1,000 Hz, wheras the HP has a huge range of frequencies,
and a wien bridge gadget to null out the fundemental of any frequency
being examined . This appears to be working but the HP meter is
faulty, and probably there is some part on the pcb metering amp which
isn't right. I could not see how to set the meter to read a known
applied voltage.

Patrick Turner.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Muck Krieger Muck Krieger is offline

Patrick Turner wrote:

Does anyone have a *readable* electronic copy of the schematic for
HP-333A distortion measurer?

It's essentially the same as the 334, they come with a shared manual:

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...5/HP_333A.html

Scroll down for the download-link or try

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=4265

Keep on rocking,

Muck

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Patrick Turner wrote:

I searched
with Google for 2 hours for a free copy, and of course some sites said
they had free copies, but there always was a hefty fee to pay, so I
have nothing. An Army user manual has some difficult to follow user
instructions but no service info.

I see you found the Army literature ... did you run into these:

http://pdfcatch.net/ebook/hp+service+manual+333a/

Links lead to:

http://www.pascalchour.fr/ressources/hp/334a/hp334a.pdf

http://www.home.agilent.com/upload/c...334A_Final.pdf

Both are readable.

Keep up the good work!

Muck

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Dec 1, 4:30*am, "Muck Krieger" wrote:
Patrick Turner wrote:
Does anyone have a *readable* electronic copy of the schematic for
HP-333A distortion measurer?

It's essentially the same as the 334, they come with a shared manual:

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...5/HP_333A.html

Scroll down for the download-link or try

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=4265

Keep on rocking,

Muck

Hi Muck,

Hmm, Muck is an "unusal name" but thanks for the link nevertheless.
I think its the same army user manual which I already downloaded where
a .pdf was available, and without schematics.
The .rar file is probably the same but I now need a program to open
a .rar file.

Regards,

Patrick Turner.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Dec 1, 4:38*am, "Muck Krieger" wrote:
Patrick Turner wrote:
I searched
with Google for 2 hours for a free copy, and of course some sites said
they had free copies, but there always was a hefty fee to pay, so I
have nothing. An Army user manual has some difficult to follow user
instructions but no service info.

I see you found the Army literature ... did you run into these:

http://pdfcatch.net/ebook/hp+service+manual+333a/

Links lead to:

http://www.pascalchour.fr/ressources/hp/334a/hp334a.pdf

http://www.home.agilent.com/upload/c...334A_Final.pdf

Hi Muck,

A double pair of push pull thanks to you!

This link worked and gives me exactly what want.

Maybe they have stuff for the HP331. I have one of these as well.

They been gathering dust awhile,along with HP606A, and HP302 analyser,
and I am doing some rationalisation in my shed and of course getting
dust gathering boat anchors working and ready for service again.

Patrick Turner.

Both are readable.

Keep up the good work!

Muck

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Patrick Turner wrote:

Hmm, Muck is an "unusal name" but thanks for the link nevertheless.

It's a German (un)familiar nick, I'm aware it's funny for speakers of
Shakespeare's idiom, since he used it often;-)

I think its the same army user manual which I already downloaded where
a .pdf was available, and without schematics.

Probably the same army maintainance guide. There's more documentation
of older HP equipment on Glenn Robb's site
http://www.hparchive.com/ with more links to
http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/hp/
and of course Agilent keeps some older HP literatu
ftp://ftp.agilent.com/pub/manuals/

The .rar file is probably the same but I now need a program to open
a .rar file.

A .rar file is a common archive format similar to .zip, just in case you
need
a free unpacker for a lot of compressed archives I'd recommend 7zip from
http://www.7-zip.org/

Keep up the good work!

Muck

JosefMiller JosefMiller is offline
Junior Member

The HP is not as simple and easy to use to use or as revealing as the
THD meter I designed and built 14 years ago, but my meter only does 1
frequency, 1,000 Hz, wheras the HP has a huge range of frequencies,
and a wien bridge gadget to null out the fundemental of any frequency
being examined . This appears to be working but the HP meter is
faulty, and probably there is some part on the pcb metering amp which
isn't right.

Audiostatic ES-100 schematic wanted Jesper Sørensen Tech 0 June 11th 06 10:27 PM
Wanted: schematic for Ferrograph 4B Engineer Vacuum Tubes 2 May 7th 06 01:48 AM
Wanted ARG Labs OTL Schematic DLAZ441 Vacuum Tubes 0 January 3rd 05 09:46 PM
Wanted Schematic/Help max Vacuum Tubes 1 December 29th 03 10:20 PM
HP 333A DISTORTION ANALYZER & EICO 378 SIGNAL GEN Mark Pearson Vacuum Tubes 2 August 16th 03 05:53 AM