Posted to rec.audio.high-end
LarrRup LarrRup is offline

Default Hi end audio

I have owned the Yaqin MC 100B for about three years now. I bought
from a retailer in Canada, I replaced the power tubes by choice. BIG
improvement from this change. I also replaced my KEF C95's with a
used pair if B&W P700 floor standing speakers. Huge improvement with
this change. I also added a used equalizer.

I source this system from a classic IPOD with dock with most all music
in Apple Lossless format. I cannot give up the convenience of the
remote and would love to upgrade this crappy dock with something
better, but have not been able to find one.

At about a $1000 (not including the IPOD), this is the best system I
have ever owned. I'm in heaven. Granted I came from a original
Carver receiver and have never listened to high quality tube or solid
state amps (at least not carefully). The bang for the buck for this
amp is huge.

For the last 35 years or so I have been so missing good sound. Back
then the amp was some mass market brand (and tubed by default), the
speakers were the original Advents, with a nothing special turntable.
It has not been until I bought the Yaqin, and the B&W's that I can
finally say I have recovered very good sound after a VERY long time.

It would take allot of convincing that a solid state amp anywhere
near the price of the Yaqin could be possible near as good, let alone
better. The funny part is I've not listened to the alternative, and
opposing views likely haven't either. LOL

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:42:39 -0700, LarrRup wrote
(in article ):

[...]

I can't fault you for buying the Yaqin 100B. About a year ago, I spec'd for a
young couple I know, a Yaqin 100B amp, a Yaqin 24/192 "CD player" and a pair
of Magnepan SMG speakers. The whole shooting match, including shipping cam to
less than two grand. They are enjoying it immensely and I must say that it
sounds damn good.

As for your iPod dilemma. Have you looked into an Apple TV box? for @$230,
you can buy an Apple TV box, transfer all of your iTunes ALC files from your
computer to the ATV, and connect the ATV to your Yaqin 100 B. That way you
can have all of your iPod music, and a much better remote interface. With
ATV, you also get to access thousands of Internet Music "stations", with even
more listening options, and I haven't even mentioned Hi-def movie rental and
TV program purchases as well as being able to watch all of your digital
photographs in HDTV. Even if you never did any of those things, the ATV would
give one really nice music server.