Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Happy Saint Patrick’s Day, 2010

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day, 2010

[James Fulford]

"The Roman Catholic Bishop Of Londonderry, Séamus Hegarty, having failed to make peace in his own Northern Irish Diocese, wishes to export Ireland’s problems to America, legally or illegally:

Bishop of Derry hopes for US immigration reform

MICHAEL O’REGAN

UNDOCUMENTED IRISH: BISHOP OF Derry Dr Séamus Hegarty has called
for support for the undocumented Irish in the United States.

In a St Patrick’s Day message, he said that he was particularly
conscious of their circumstances. “While hopes may have dimmed that
comprehensive immigration reform will occur this year, they have not
been extinguished,” he said. “It is only by addressing this issue that
people may be brought in from the margins of society, enabling them to
integrate and contribute fully to their host community.”[More]

I would have thought that, as the Roman Catholic Bishop of a city like
Londonderry, violently divided between Protestant and Catholic, would
realize that some people don’t want illegal colonists to “contribute
fully to their host community.”

This is what I said last year:

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day to all our Irish readers, our Irish-
American readers, and to legal immigrants from Ireland. (As for
illegal Irish immigrants, you can buy a one-way ticket from New York
to Shannon fairly cheaply.)

In honor of St. Patricks’s Day, check out St. Patrick’s Day
Explained To England, by Peter Brimelow, and The Camp Of St. Patrick
and Ganging Up On America by me.

Peter Brimelow’s column was an attempt to explain the St.
Patrick’s Day parade to the readers of the London Times in the ’80s,
and mine attempt to explain that nineteenth century Irish immigration
was not an unmixed blessing."

http://blog.vdare.com/archives/2010/...%99s-day-2010/
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Mar 18, 5:49*pm, Bret L wrote:
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day, 2010

[James Fulford]

"The Roman Catholic Bishop Of Londonderry, Séamus Hegarty, having failed to make peace in his own Northern Irish Diocese, wishes to export Ireland’s problems to America, legally or illegally:

Ireland's problems? You mean the same country that The Economist
Intelligence Unit ranked as the best place in the world to live, above
Switzerland, Norway and Sweden (US is ranked 13)? The same country
that scores in the Top 12 of the Global Peace Index year after year
(US is currently ranked 83)? You mean the same country that
experienced "unprecedented economic growth" through the 1990s and
2000s until the US housing market caused a worldwide recession?

We should be lucky enough to import Ireland's problems. Develop some
critical thinking skills before you cut-and-paste, will ya?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On Mar 19, 1:19*pm, Boon wrote:
On Mar 18, 5:49*pm, Bret L wrote:

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day, 2010

[James Fulford]

"The Roman Catholic Bishop Of Londonderry, Séamus Hegarty, having failed to make peace in his own Northern Irish Diocese, wishes to export Ireland’s problems to America, legally or illegally:

Ireland's problems? You mean the same country that The Economist
Intelligence Unit ranked as the best place in the world to live, above
Switzerland, Norway and Sweden (US is ranked 13)? The same country
that scores in the Top 12 of the Global Peace Index year after year
(US is currently ranked 83)? You mean the same country that
experienced "unprecedented economic growth" through the 1990s and
2000s until the US housing market caused a worldwide recession?

We should be lucky enough to import Ireland's problems. Develop some
critical thinking skills before you cut-and-paste, will ya?

One of the reasons Eire has prospered is that the attractive options
for its best people to emigrate stopped. There are others, but that's
a big one.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Mar 20, 1:26*am, Bret L wrote:
On Mar 19, 1:19*pm, Boon wrote:

On Mar 18, 5:49*pm, Bret L wrote:

[...]

Attractive options? Like living in a really nice place? How astute of
you to say so.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel[_8_] Lionel[_8_] is offline

Le 19/03/2010 19:19, Boon a écrit :
On Mar 18, 5:49 pm, Bret wrote:
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day, 2010

[James Fulford]

"The Roman Catholic Bishop Of Londonderry, Séamus Hegarty, having failed to make peace in his own Northern Irish Diocese, wishes to export Ireland’s problems to America, legally or illegally:

Ireland's problems? You mean the same country that The Economist
Intelligence Unit ranked as the best place in the world to live, above
Switzerland, Norway and Sweden (US is ranked 13)? The same country
that scores in the Top 12 of the Global Peace Index year after year
(US is currently ranked 83)? You mean the same country that
experienced "unprecedented economic growth" through the 1990s and
2000s until the US housing market caused a worldwide recession?

We should be lucky enough to import Ireland's problems. Develop some
critical thinking skills before you cut-and-paste, will ya?

LOL !!!

You a pure "west-coast" product making the apology of the Irish living
way of life ?
Listen me boy, I bet that you wouldn't survive more than 6 months to
Irish life.
Past this time you will be alcoholic or you would turn to your old demons...

Again.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Mar 26, 3:04*pm, Lionel wrote:
Le 19/03/2010 19:19, Boon a crit :

On Mar 18, 5:49 pm, Bret *wrote:
Happy Saint Patrick s Day, 2010

[James Fulford]

"The Roman Catholic Bishop Of Londonderry, S amus Hegarty, having failed to make peace in his own Northern Irish Diocese, wishes to export Ireland s problems to America, legally or illegally:

Ireland's problems? You mean the same country that The Economist
Intelligence Unit ranked as the best place in the world to live, above
Switzerland, Norway and Sweden (US is ranked 13)? The same country
that scores in the Top 12 of the Global Peace Index year after year
(US is currently ranked 83)? You mean the same country that
experienced "unprecedented economic growth" through the 1990s and
2000s until the US housing market caused a worldwide recession?

We should be lucky enough to import Ireland's problems. Develop some
critical thinking skills before you cut-and-paste, will ya?

LOL !!!

You a pure "west-coast" product making the apology of the Irish living
way of life ?

That makes no sense in English. Plus, I don't live on the West Coast.

Listen me boy, I bet that you wouldn't survive more than 6 months to
Irish life.

I've already been, idiot.

Past this time you will be alcoholic

Please explain.

or you would turn to your old demons...

Again.

What old demons?

I think most Americans have a stereotype of Europeans as urbane, civil
and intelligent. You're proof that even France has its share of
illiterate oafs.