Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Watching The $PLC’sHateWatch On Haiti

((Unfortunately, VDARE is NOT a WN site. Bret.))

Watching The $PLC’sHateWatch On Haiti

[James Fulford]

"Here’s the $PLC’s HateWatch on our response to Haiti:

But others weren’t nearly so charitable. The white nationalist
hate site Vdare.com featured a Jan. 21 column by Edwin Rubenstein
titled “Haitian Immigrants Pretty Useless — But Haiti Still Needs
Them More Than We Do.” Rubenstein, an economic consultant and regular
Vdare.com contributor, suggested that the administration’s decision
was part of a “longstanding but little known Obama goal” to increase
Haitian immigration. After unfavorably comparing Haitian immigrants to
European immigrants and non-Hispanic American whites, he insisted that
he only had Haiti’s best interests at heart. “What’s so generous about
stealing the very few educated leaders that this pitiful country has
been able to produce?” he concluded.

The first thing that’s wrong with this is that there’s no link to Ed’s
piece anywhere–this it: National Data: Haitian Immigrants Pretty
Useless—But Haiti Still Needs Them More Than We Do.

The second is that the quotation omits a word: “What’s so generous
about stealing the very few educated leaders that this pitiful country
has been able to produce?”

The actual quote is “But what’s so generous about stealing the very
few educated potential leaders that this pitiful country has been able
to produce?”

This is not a major distortion, it’s just sloppiness, but it’s
magnified by the fact that they don’t have a link. Don’t they know how
use copy and paste?

And the most important stupid error is when they say that Ed
“suggested that the administration’s decision was part of a
“longstanding but little known Obama goal” to increase Haitian
immigration,” with no further comment, as if this were some unsourced
wild accusation. There’s a link in the original, of course, which
link goes to a Patrick Cleburne item, which item quotes African-
American journalist Steve Penn, who was in the audience when Obama
spoke to the Unity: Journalists of Color convention in July, 2008.

Obama was quoted as saying

“Frankly, we are probably underrepresented when it comes to
immigrants from certain parts of the world. It’s harder for Haitians
to immigrate than it is for persons from other countries in some
cases. That’s something we need to prevent.”

That was Steve Penn’s report. The CNN transcript put it like this:

“OBAMA: Part of comprehensive reform would also involve examining
where are various immigrants coming from, because, frankly, we are
probably underrepresented when it comes to immigrants from certain
parts of the world.

The fact that it is much harder for Haitians to immigrate than it
is from persons from other countries, in some cases, despite relative
similarities in need, that’s something that we should examine.”

Or if you have time, it’s probably on the YouTube clip below. The fact
that increasing Haitian immigration is a “longstanding but little
known Obama goal” not something that Ed or anyone else on VDARE.com
made up out of our own heads. The source is Senator Barack Hussein
Obama, candidate for president, July 27, 2008."

http://blog.vdare.com/archives/2010/...atch-on-haiti/