Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Planning Little Willy Mk II

I had a friend offer me good money for Little Willy, and despite my
assessment of its real value, I am going to sell it. I did a good safe
job of construction and I think it'll hold up fine. Unless some ****
eater, I mean tube roller, or similar vermin goes at it, it ought to
last years.

So I'm thinking about the next iteration of Little Willy. I'm
thinking I could reduce the circuit complexity by getting rid of the
post-splitter driver tubes, and providing a gain stage before the
stepped double channel attenuator that I need to add to get rid of a
need for a preamp. Since I basically don't listen to vinyl anymore all
I need is this amp and a good universal player..

I'm debating what kind of output transformers I want to buy new (I'm
buying new: I'll consider any supplier but Magnequeef) and power
supply, whether to put the unit on one or two chassis, etc. I'm
thinking of going with separate B+ and heater supplies, and providing
for fixed bias from the start.