Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
[email protected] me@privacy.net is offline

Default FS: McIntosh C34V and original Mc. walnut cabinet

This is a MINT condition McIntosh C34V Preamp, along with the original
McIntosh walnut cabinet (L12, or L52???) Obviously, it comes with the
Panloc brackets. And, I have the owner's manual.

The glass is in perfect condition. All the lights are functional; and,
all controls, switches, and functions perform as they should. There is
NO rust or corrosion anywhere on the chassis, as it spent most of its
life in the dry climate of Phoenix, AZ. There are just a few very small
edge dings on the walnut cabinet. I bought it NEW in 1988, and I have
the original Mac Warranty certificate.

In addition, I have the McIntosh SCR2 speaker and power switching relay
box that connects to the rear of the C34V, used to route amplifier
speaker connections to two separate sets of speakers. This relay also
provides two switched AC outputs.

Why am I selling this top-notch gear? Well, I'm in the midst of
down-sizing house and stereo/video gear.

I DO NOT have the original box for shipping (didn't think I'd EVER get
rid of it!). I live in the Chattanooga, TN, area, so if you live near
Knoxville, Nashville, Atlanta, or Birmingham, we could arrange to meet
at halfway points if you would prefer direct pickup.

What do I want for this beautiful Mac? Well, the preamp itself cost
$2,200, the cabinet cost $100 if I remember correctly, and the SCR2 cost
$75. The BIG, famous on-line audio seller (won't mention their name)
has a C34V in "B1" condition for $1,749 (I would rate my unit in "A"
condition), a cabinet for $199, and an SCR2 for $199, ALL SOLD
SEPARATELY. I would like to get $1,700 for my complete package.

I have pictures I can send you if interested. Sorry, I don't have a web
site. You can contact me at borgia dot stick at yahoo dot com.