Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Mr. Nonsense Mr. Nonsense is offline

Default Computer speakers only take digital input

I bought a pair of 10 year old Boston acoustics (BA735) speakers with
a sub woofer for $10 from a garage sale. When I came home I discovered
they only take digital input. I went online and found it will cost me
around $45 to convert my PC to give a digital output. Are these
speakers worth the $45 investment? Any other salvage value for them?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On Oct 7, 10:54*am, "Mr. Nonsense" wrote:
I bought a pair of 10 year old Boston acoustics (BA735) speakers with
a sub woofer for $10 from a garage sale. When I came home I discovered
they only take digital input. I went online and found it will cost me
around $45 to convert my PC to give a digital output. Are these
speakers worth the $45 investment? Any other salvage value for them?

Maybe and no.

You should be able to find a sound card with digital out for way less
than $45. Any old such card will perform as well as the speakers will.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
"Mr. Nonsense" wrote:

I bought a pair of 10 year old Boston acoustics (BA735) speakers with
a sub woofer for $10 from a garage sale. When I came home I discovered
they only take digital input. I went online and found it will cost me
around $45 to convert my PC to give a digital output. Are these
speakers worth the $45 investment? Any other salvage value for them?

Mr google says try this first:

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/153/...l-ba735-speake
rs/

Look for "thepcnut".

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 7, 3:17 pm, MiNe 109 wrote:

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/153/...l-ba735-speake
rs/

Look for "thepcnut".

Stephen

Thanks, but unfortunately my BA735's don't have any analog inputs.