Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Dave Dave is offline

Default Is "Vintage" Gear Really Worth It??

"Sonnova" wrote in message
Depends. I have a 25 year-old Alfa Romeo and I wouldn't trade it for any
modern car costing below $100K. Modern cars are too heavy and have no life
them. They're dead. In the Alfa, I can feel the road through the steering
wheel and brake pedal as well as the seat of my pants. In short, I become
one
with the car and it's FUN to drive. Modern cars have had that kind of
driver
feedback "engineered" out of them. My daily driver is late model VW GTI.
While it has great roadholding, It's an utter BORE to drive.

My brother owns a 1967 Alfa GTV, and it is a BLAST to drive. It growls, it
burbles, and anyone who has ever ridden in it as a passenger wants to drive
it (or buy one). This car has nothing automatic about it, no traction
control, no anti-lock brakes, etc. so it does take a great deal more skill
to drive it than a more modern auto. But that's part of the fun too...