Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] Avanzato@tamela.com is offline

Default Burt's Bees - Lifeguard's Choice Lip Balm, .15 oz sticks

Price:$2.99
Image: http:///image.php?id=B00014D73C
Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B00014D73C

I was in a rush in the drug store and couldn't decide between LifeGaurds choice and the regular kind..my mistake.This leaves a whitish color on your lips that makes them appear dry and lifeless..However the moisterizing is AMAZING.What I do now is wear this to bed and if my lips need some TLC in the morning I'm just sure to wear a brightening lipgloss/lipstick over it to cover the white tint! I never burn so I don't know how effective this is against burning..But its definitely a wonderful lip balm.
This is a GREAT product! I ONLY use this on my lips when I am in the sun during the summer time. Never have gotten burned while using it and I have very fair and sensitive skin. My doctor told me to only use sunscreen/lotion/lip balm that has the following: titanium oxide, zinc oxide, oxybenzone etc. This product DOES have titanium dioxide in it! The only downfall I can say about it is that it is white and leaves a purpley-whiteish color on your lips. But as a lifeguard, I do not mind it because I know it is protecting my lips. You won't find anything better! And it leaves a minty tingle
While I have loved Burt's Bees products for years, I would not sleep well at night if I didn't write this review/warning. I have very sensitive-to-the-sun lips and I thought I had found the promised land when I found Lifeguard's Choice! However, I used it for one day while on vacation in Puerto Rico and was sorry for the rest of the trip. I was burned to a crisp. I have since contacted the company to see if the product indeed contains SPF and sure enough it does not (as SPF compounds are not organic - understandably). Though it never claims to contain SPF on the label, it does claim to be weatherproofing. I'm not sure the title of "Lifeguard's Choice" is quite accurate. I also find it disappointing and a bit misleading that when I did a search for "lip balm spf" on the Amazon search this product appeared. Careful Amazon.I still love Burt's Bees - I just read the labels more carefully now. Lesson learned.
This product is very good. My lips used to be chapped through out the year. But after using this, i have had no problems! But it does leave a white coat on your lips (possibly because of the titanium dioxide, used as a sunscreen for UV protection). I have no problems with that, although my girlfried decided to stick with the original burt's bees lip balm after trying my lifeguard's choice because of the white coat left behind. I would still rate it as an excellent product.
I love Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm for use during the day. When I acquired BB's Lifeguard's Choice Lip Balm, I discovered the best way to use it: at night! Because it will discolor your lips, I put it on at night as sort of an intense nightly treatment for my lips. Sure, I'm not getting the benefit of outdoor wear, but it works great for me like this.
WHY IT WORKS: Guard your lips from the drying effects of the sun, wind and sea. Lifeguards Choice Lip Balm is similar to our beeswax lip balm, with added titanium dioxide for extra protection. While the lifeguards are out saving lives, were out saving lips. HOW IT WORKS: Apply balm liberally to lips before venturing outside. May also be applied to cheeks, nose, ears or anywhere you want natural protection from the elements..15 oz. Beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower oil, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), lanolin, titanium dioxide, peppermint oil, comfrey root extract, rosemary extract. BEESWAX - A natural wax made by bees in the cell walls of honeycombs. Beeswax is a natural emulsifier used in cosmetics. Adds a wonderful natural smell and color, and helps to seal and protect the skin when used to moisturize.

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Beeswax Lip Balm .15 oz:http:///index.php?id=B00012NDH4