Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] eod@ncf.ca is offline

Default CBC 91.5 Ottawa

Why is the reception so crummy on 91.5 CBC (FM)?
Other stations nearby come in very clearly. Why don't they
have a strong enough signal?

Elizabeth
Posted to rec.audio.tech

wrote ...
Why is the reception so crummy on 91.5 CBC (FM)?
Other stations nearby come in very clearly. Why don't they
have a strong enough signal?

We have no clue where you are writing from. We also have
no reference to what "normal" reception is in your location.
This newsgroup is read around the planet (and sometimes
off the planet, as well according to some evidence.)

Consider that fact that there might there be atmospheric
factors in RF transmission over the (undisclosed) distance.

Also. also the possibility that during bad weather some radio
and TV broadcasting antennas succumb to temporary icing
conditions that compromise their ability to radiate. And then
there is the possibility that the main antenna and/or tower has
succumbed to weather damage and they might be transmitting
with their (usually lower-power) temporary backup equipment.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"jamesgangnc" wrote...
I think the where is pretty obvious, Ottawa. Duh.

Well, we know that the transmitter is in Ottawa, Duh.
But we don't know where the *receiver* is, unless you
are cross-posting from the clarivoyant newsgroup.