Posted to rec.audio.pro
D O'Heare D O'Heare is offline

Default Wireless from the mixing board to the amplifier?

I'm in the position of having to deal with live audio in locations that can
be a problem; for instance, running a remote speaker a hundred or so feet
away from mix position, with the speaker on a stand in the middle of a
ceramic tile floored lobby. Ignoring the audio problems, the biggie that I
have is getting the signal to the remote speaker (usually a powered speaker
of some sort).

It would be really convenient to run some sort of wireless link from the
mixer to the speaker position, so that I don't have to tape down cable.
Power is usually available at the speaker position, but of course there is
no provision for anything else nearby.

I've used the Music Sciences SideKick boxes and they seem to work okay, but
I was wondering if there was anything else appropriate in a lower price
range. Much of what I'm doing is voice-only, so 20-20k bandwidth isn't
really necessary.

Any thoughts, folks?

Dave O'Heare
dave.oheareATgmail.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

D O'Heare wrote:

[...]

Would something configured around a powered speaker, say Mackie SRM350,
and Apple's Airport Express and iTunes software work?

--
ha
shut up and play your guitar
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

D O'Heare wrote:
[...]

I don't trust wireless systems at all.... the chances for things to go wrong
are just too great. But if you want to go wireless, look for "IFB packs"
which have a local rackmount transmitter going to a remote receiver pack.
Lectrosonics makes some common ones.

Any thoughts, folks?

If I were you, I'd figure out a way to remote the system through the lightest
and most flexible wire possible. That could be with a local amp and a 70V
system, or it could be with remote amps and transformers allowing you to use
a 600 ohm connection over stranded unshielded twisted pair.

When wireless works, it works fine, but when it doesn't work it's no fun.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"D O'Heare" wrote in message
[...]

What's wrong with a standard wireless set, using the kind of input cable on
the transmitter that you'd use with an electric guitar? If you were worried
about batteries for the transmitter, that's easy enough to circumvent.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan Carey Carlan is offline

"D O'Heare" wrote in
:

[...]

What's a Music Sciences Sidekick? I can find no reference

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce Don Pearce is offline

Carey Carlan wrote:
"D O'Heare" wrote in
:

[...]

http://www.musicsciences.com/side_kick_product.htm

lf: service manual Tascam M30 mixing board Jake Pro Audio 0 September 9th 07 08:00 AM
Mixing Board Question Self Pro Audio 12 February 15th 06 06:43 AM
Mixing Board Options five4fighting Pro Audio 8 September 3rd 05 11:16 PM
Do you own a Yahama 02r Digital Mixing Board R Wooley Pro Audio 2 July 19th 05 10:47 PM
FS: Mackie 1604vlz Mixing board GS Marketplace 0 January 30th 04 07:03 PM