Posted to rec.audio.pro
Powell Powell is offline

Default Nice innovative design and on the cheap too.

Recording Magazine (July 2008) had a review of a
small XLR to USB interface manufactured by
Centrance, called a MicPort Pro which sold for $200
MSRP. http://centrance.com/products/mp/
Now Blue Microphones has produced a similar
product at $79 MSRP. Although I didn't see the
product listed on Blue's website here's what it looks
like.
www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-BLU-ICICLE
This could be a real time saver for voice-over work
using a notebook in the field. I've used a studio
microphone pre-amp and a Behringer UCA202 for
this function but this system appears much better.
Has anyone tried this gizmo?