Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt[_10_] Matt[_10_] is offline

Default Install 2 receivers?

I just inherited a 1997 Honda Accord which has a factory installed
head-unit that plays radio and CDs. I'm trying to figure out a good
solution to add MP3 functionality to the car. There are obviously plenty
of aftermarket CD receivers that also include aux inputs for an MP3
player or some that can use a USB flashdrive. I noticed though that
companies like Alpine and Blaupunkt make digital media receivers that
don't have a CD player, but only play through the aux inputs or an SD
card or USB flash drive. I'm tempted to get one of those, but would
probably miss the odd time when I would want to play a regular CD and
couldn't.

The Accord has room for a double DIN player. So, I'm wondering if I
bought a digital media receiver, could I install it in the lower DIN and
still keep the factory installed head unit? If it is possible, what
would be the easiest way to accomplish this? Could I splice all of the
wires (power, speaker, etc) and connect them to 2 separate harnesses?

Looking for anyone's input... thanks.

Used Receivers ? James Tech 13 November 8th 07 03:58 AM
Used Receivers ? James Audio Opinions 9 November 8th 07 01:06 AM
fa various,amp,receivers etc hydebee Vacuum Tubes 3 April 27th 07 03:42 AM
stereo receivers Michael Audio Opinions 21 October 7th 05 06:13 PM
HT Receivers [email protected] Audio Opinions 9 August 8th 05 09:24 PM