Posted to rec.audio.car
Joe[_12_] Joe[_12_] is offline

Default Pioneer Premier car stereo fader stopped working

All of the sudden I cannot shift the fader from the front to back. It
will work when I push the button to the front speakers but when I push
the button down to go to the rear speakers it stops at zero. It looks
like the back speakers are hooked up fine so I'm wondering if I
tripped some sort of locking mechanism on the stereo or some wire fell
out in the back. Any ideas?
Posted to rec.audio.car
Joe[_12_] Joe[_12_] is offline

On Jun 14, 4:55 am, ruens wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:15:08 -0700 (PDT), Joe
wrote:

All of the sudden I cannot shift the fader from the front to back. It
will work when I push the button to the front speakers but when I push
the button down to go to the rear speakers it stops at zero. It looks
like the back speakers are hooked up fine so I'm wondering if I
tripped some sort of locking mechanism on the stereo or some wire fell
out in the back. Any ideas?

What model is this in reference to? In any regard, resetting your head
unit may just be the solution to your problem

DEH P330 Supertuner III

How do I reset the head unit?
Posted to rec.audio.car
Sharky Sharky is offline

If this model is similar to the Pioneer DEH-P3300 that I just removed from
my own car,
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...yers/DEH-P3300,
which it looks like it is, it should have a feature that will let you use
the rear speaker output as either normal rear speakers or a subwoofer
output. Although I never tried this feature myself, when it is in the
subwoofer mode, it may not let you fade to the rear speakers because the
head unit thinks that you have a front speaker and subwoofer setup. To
check this, power off the head unit with the key turned to accessory, and
hold down the Function button for 4 seconds. A menu will display on the
screen and one of the options in this menu lets you switch between rear and
subwoofer mode. Changing it to Front/Rear should fix your problem.

Not sure that this is your problem, but worth checking out.
Sharky

Posted to rec.audio.car
Joe[_12_] Joe[_12_] is offline

my own car,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...oVideo/Source/...,
which it looks like it is, it should have a feature that will let you use
the rear speaker output as either normal rear speakers or a subwoofer
output. Although I never tried this feature myself, when it is in the
subwoofer mode, it may not let you fade to the rear speakers because the
head unit thinks that you have a front speaker and subwoofer setup. To
check this, power off the head unit with the key turned to accessory, and
hold down the Function button for 4 seconds. A menu will display on the
screen and one of the options in this menu lets you switch between rear and
subwoofer mode. Changing it to Front/Rear should fix your problem.

Not sure that this is your problem, but worth checking out.
Sharky

That did the trick, thanks Sharky! Are there any other cool tricks I
should know about this unit? Is there an easy way to hook up an mp3
player wire to the back of the unit? I was thinking of buying a wire
like this

http://tinyurl.com/5n7746

and plugging it into the back. Can I reach under the dashboard and get
it in there or do I need to remove the unit? I'm somewhat of a novice
with this technical stuff but I'm much rather have a hardwired setup
than using an FM Tuner. My car is a 2000 honda civic.
Posted to rec.audio.car
Joe[_12_] Joe[_12_] is offline

On Jun 14, 9:17 pm, Joe wrote:
On Jun 14, 6:46 pm, "Sharky" wrote:

[...]

For the record, I bought the wire and it worked! No more staticy fm
transmitters for me!