Posted to rec.audio.tech
henryp

Default download-burn-rip-repeat

Title says: download-burn-rip-repeat ...

Is there a way to make the computer think a directory on my hard drive
is a CD burner so I can do a virtual burn and then rip mp3 files from
there w/out actually having to burn a physical CD?

Thanks
- henry

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mc

Why not simply convert the downloaded files (.wav, or whatever) to MP3? I
do that with Audition but there is no doubt a good bit of cheaper software
that will do the same. No need to make a CD image.

"henryp" wrote in message
ups.com...
Title says: download-burn-rip-repeat ...

Is there a way to make the computer think a directory on my hard drive
is a CD burner so I can do a virtual burn and then rip mp3 files from
there w/out actually having to burn a physical CD?

Thanks
- henry

Posted to rec.audio.tech
henryp

Why not simply convert the downloaded files (.wav, or whatever) to
MP3?

They're "protected" wma files and so far burning to a CD and then
ripping an mp3 seems the only way to create an unprotected mp3 file.

- henry

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger

"henryp" wrote in message
ups.com
Why not simply convert the downloaded files (.wav, or
whatever) to MP3?

They're "protected" wma files and so far burning to a CD
and then ripping an mp3 seems the only way to create an
unprotected mp3 file.

That is the intended situation.

Check the web for cracks for "digital rights management".