Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Microphone Recording Problem

I never used to have this problem, but now when I connect my microphone

to the microphone outlet or even the pink whole at the back, I can hear

the micropho0ne working , when I talk into it, i can hear it, but then
when I record say on Sony Acid Pro, no matter what recording device I
change (for some reason there is only Microsoft Sound Mapper ones
listed), it will record blank or nothing will appear tracks at all.
Even in Microsoft's sound recorder no matter if I make it Realtek
Digital input or Black Line/In Mic... e.t.c. (which I think one of them

used to work - it will now record nothing. Can somebody please help!!!

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mc

Does your computer have more than one soundcard (maybe one on the
motherboard and one installed in a slot)? Is the wrong one selected in your
recording software?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I never used to have this problem, but now when I connect my microphone

to the microphone outlet or even the pink whole at the back, I can hear

the micropho0ne working , when I talk into it, i can hear it, but then
when I record say on Sony Acid Pro, no matter what recording device I
change (for some reason there is only Microsoft Sound Mapper ones
listed), it will record blank or nothing will appear tracks at all.
Even in Microsoft's sound recorder no matter if I make it Realtek
Digital input or Black Line/In Mic... e.t.c. (which I think one of them

used to work - it will now record nothing. Can somebody please help!!!

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

amsdcj wrote ...
I never used to have this problem, but now when I connect my microphone

to the microphone outlet or even the pink whole at the back, I can
hear

the micropho0ne working , when I talk into it, i can hear it, but then
when I record say on Sony Acid Pro, no matter what recording device I
change (for some reason there is only Microsoft Sound Mapper ones
listed), it will record blank or nothing will appear tracks at all.
Even in Microsoft's sound recorder no matter if I make it Realtek
Digital input or Black Line/In Mic... e.t.c. (which I think one of
them

used to work - it will now record nothing. Can somebody please help!!!

Asked, answered, and never responded to in rec.audio.pro
several days ago. Why are you asking again?