ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs

Default Cheap amp rack, what to use?

I am looking for something like metal strips that I can bend and screw down
in the trunk, to mount an amp to. Or anything else cheap that I can get from
Home Depot, I dont want to build out of wood though.

You guys must have some good ideas.....

Sanitarium

Look up your local aluminum supplier / sheet metal house, chances are
they will have diamond plate, billet stock, T5, T6 and various other
grades. They will most likely have tons of "L" and "U' channel stock in
various lengths, as well as square and round bar stock. This stuff can
be had for CHEAP... much cheaper than home depot. and greater selection
too. Great thing about aluminum is it is soft and easy to
machine/drill/dremel using common hand tools. you can easily polish it
to a chrome finish with a dremel and polish compund. Most places have
a "Scrap bin" with misc shaped scraps for sale.

Bring your gloves though... the burrs on those parts can kill you ;~)

Good Luck,
Garrett

"ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs" wrote:

I am looking for something like metal strips that I can bend and screw down
in the trunk, to mount an amp to. Or anything else cheap that I can get from
Home Depot, I dont want to build out of wood though.

You guys must have some good ideas.....

The Lizard

ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs wrote:
I am looking for something like metal strips that I can bend and screw down
in the trunk, to mount an amp to. Or anything else cheap that I can get from
Home Depot, I dont want to build out of wood though.

Is there a (really) good reason why you don't want to use wood? I'm
afraid it's the cheapest materiel there is. You don't want to use metal
(hint: it conducts). Use a non-conductive materiel. I think you're only
alternatives are going to be sheet rock (not suitable for the automotive
environment), cork (ditto), and pvc sheeting (X PEN SIVE). Oh, and plexi
(more X PEN SIVE).

--
Lizard

teamROCS #007 / Technical Director / Founding Member *res derelicta*
http://www.teamrocs.com/