Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Which speakers should i use?

I am currently purchasing my next system for my 96 pathfinder. Here is
what Ive got so far.

Eclipse 8443 head unit
Eclipse 5061 cd changer
Eclipse 21010 eq from my previous system
Eclipse PA5532 amp
1 Punch 12" rfs-1412 4ohm in sealed box
2 Farad Cap
Red Top Optima

Here are my questions:

1. I still need to purchase speakers to replace the stock speakers in
the doors and a-pillars. Which brand and series would give me best SQ
with the current setup I have? It has 6.5 componets in the front doors
with a 1in tweet in the a-pillars, and full range 6.5's in the rear
doors. I realize that i dont need super high quality rear speaker since
the rears are for just "fill" anyways. I would like to spend under $350
total. I listen to all different varieties of music and would like
something that work well in my situation. I have used Eclipse mids and
highs in the past and was very pleased with the sound but maybe there
is something out there that will work better for me.

2. The Eclipse 8443 head unit that I am going to use has a very nice EQ
built in. What would the advantages/disadvantages of using the 21010
along with the 8443? I just happen to have a 21010 sitting in my
closet, and would like to use it if I can benefit from it.

Thanks for your time and input on this

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Thanks for your input. I have heard that reply several times and
actually I have tried that method before. My concern is that the way
the soundrooms are designed in the stores. Sure you can tell if one
speaker has a different sound than another, but this "room" in no way
resembles the inside of my vechicle. What sounds good in a 10x10 room
with the speakers in a sealed enclosure and directly in front of you
(most likely close to ear level) may not sound the same in my SUV. I am
hoping for some feedback from small SUV owners and see what they have
tried and/or reccomend. Im sure I will be satisified with any good
quality speaker like: MbQuart, Polk, Eclipse, Infinity etc., but since
I have time to plan what I am going to purchase, I thought I would see
what others thought.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy

On 7 Dec 2005 18:29:01 -0800, "
wrote:

My concern is that the way
the soundrooms are designed in the stores. Sure you can tell if one
speaker has a different sound than another, but this "room" in no way
resembles the inside of my vechicle.

Yeah, but there's not much you can do about that, short of swapping
speakers in and out of your vehicle. Really serious people do that,
BTW, even if/when it gets expensive to buy and sell gear. Relying on
the opinions of others for the very personal decision of what speakers
sounds best (to you) isn't going to get you very far...