Posted to rec.audio.opinion
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Resources for Information

Hiya Folks,
Well I've decided I should probably join the 21st Century and get an Audio
set up. I used to run a Nakamichi and was quite pleased with it...that was
nearly 10 years ago. I've done a bit of searching on the web and the
number of options/variations etc...has got my head spinning. I'm looking
to probably make this a home theater setup with everything tied in through
the receiver. I was wondering if there are any good primers on the web on
how to go about setting up and choosing equipment for this? I'm wading
through the Google hits and am finding some good information but was hoping
there might be one or two definitive sites out there you might recommend for
me to visit. Thanks much for the help.
Cheers,
jlc

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
EddieM

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote

Hiya Folks,
Well I've decided I should probably join the 21st Century and get an Audio
set up. I used to run a Nakamichi and was quite pleased with it...that was
nearly 10 years ago. I've done a bit of searching on the web and the
number of options/variations etc...has got my head spinning. I'm looking
to probably make this a home theater setup with everything tied in through
the receiver. I was wondering if there are any good primers on the web on
how to go about setting up and choosing equipment for this? I'm wading
through the Google hits and am finding some good information but was hoping
there might be one or two definitive sites out there you might recommend for
me to visit. Thanks much for the help.
Cheers,
jlc

If you really wanna join the 21st Century in audio set up, you might like it
better to start stringing everything through a home theater preamps instead
of receiver. Using the preamps certainly give you a wide variety of options
and function which customize your HT in a particular way. It's not that I'm
recommending any of the products on the link below, but what I hope is to
assist you wade through some of the various options and features that are
currently available specific to this arrangement to suit your preferences.

Click on their features now and see what I mean !

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/ca...&CategoryID=69

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/ho...er_default.asp