Default Delco RDS radios

Have several of these radios from a local junkyard. They all take in
and eject cd's but nothing else. They use a standard Delco wiring
harness. Anyone know what I'm missing wiring this up? It should be
possible to get these fired-up on a test bench outside the vehicle.
TIA
Cindy
Pearsons Electronics

joe.ker

Most of the newer Delco Radio's use a data wire to tell it when the ignition
is on. Those units may not use a 12v ingnition source.

--
The Clown Prince of Car Stereo

wrote in message
oups.com...
Have several of these radios from a local junkyard. They all take in
and eject cd's but nothing else. They use a standard Delco wiring
harness. Anyone know what I'm missing wiring this up? It should be
possible to get these fired-up on a test bench outside the vehicle.
TIA
Cindy
Pearsons Electronics

Masterson

When you say "Delco RDS radios" do you mean the new
class two data bus radios? almost a double DIN size, not
the DIN and halfs.

No, you will not be able to "power them up" on a test
bench. They have a data handshake with the cars BCM
to confirm the VIN number. If the handshake doesn't
happen, or its the wrong VIN the radio will lock out.

Have several of these radios from a local junkyard. They all take in
and eject cd's but nothing else. They use a standard Delco wiring
harness. Anyone know what I'm missing wiring this up? It should be
possible to get these fired-up on a test bench outside the vehicle.

Sean Scott

"Masterson" wrote in message
When you say "Delco RDS radios" do you mean the new
class two data bus radios? almost a double DIN size, not
the DIN and halfs.

No, you will not be able to "power them up" on a test
bench. They have a data handshake with the cars BCM
to confirm the VIN number. If the handshake doesn't
happen, or its the wrong VIN the radio will lock out.

Yeah i have a 2004 Malibu and I had to run a seperate wire for power to the
fuse box, damn GM for that, I also lost all warning chimes cause they are
controlled by the radio. oh well, I got it done but it was a pain in the
ass.

Have several of these radios from a local junkyard. They all take in
and eject cd's but nothing else. They use a standard Delco wiring
harness. Anyone know what I'm missing wiring this up? It should be
possible to get these fired-up on a test bench outside the vehicle.

Delco is crap. They are oldie and junkei. You can find Delco is big
ass car
like Ford and GM!

Masterson

Sean...

There are several companies that make adaptors
for you to retain your door chime.

Yeah i have a 2004 Malibu and I had to run a seperate wire for power to
the fuse box, damn GM for that, I also lost all warning chimes cause they
are controlled by the radio. oh well, I got it done but it was a pain in
the ass.

Sean Scott

"Masterson" wrote in message
Sean...

There are several companies that make adaptors
for you to retain your door chime.

I dont need them and certainly don't want to pay 60 bucks to keep them,
would it be so hard for GM to just leave all the crap out of the radio and
put it somehwere else like all of the other cars I have had:

Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Volkswagon.