wingman

Default What AMP to buy for 2001 Accord 2Dr

I replaced all 4 spkrs with Alpine 2 SPS170A 40W (200W Peak) And 2 690A
50W (250W peak) and sadly (and no suprizes to most people here) i wasnt
much impressed with the sound boost.
I am looking for a 4 channel AMP to get the juice out of the speakers.
Please suggest what i should go for. I do not have any plans of
installing a sub just stay with what i have.
All feedback is much appreciated.
thx
Gary

matt98761

PPI or Eclipse...great products and conservatively rated....much more
oomph than the numbers show. If you don't want to spend the $300 it
will take to get a good 4 channel amp from either of those 2
manufacturers, then the Alpine MRP-F240 will give you the juice you
need for cheap. Here's a link to the best price on the web that I
could find. It's around $127 not including shipping for 4 channels at
40 watts each(4 ohms) Matt

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...&svbname =309

What about the sound don't you like? Amping it won't change the
tonality(sp?) of the speaker much.

wingman

Thanks for the messages mates!
I don't see any boost in the bass. The only thing thats improved is the
treble by about a few hertz. I am sure the stock deck is the culprit
here. And i am sure the speakers can deliver much more than they are
being treated to right now.

wrote:
What about the sound don't you like? Amping it won't change the
tonality(sp?) of the speaker much.

wingman

Thanks Matt!
I was looking at a few places closer to home and these are what i
found...
http://www.2001audiovideo.com/car_01/amps/MRPF240.html
http://www.2001audiovideo.com/car_01/amps/GM4000F.html
The first one's the one you suggested.. Can you tell if the pioneer is
good as well..
Thanks a ton man!

Cheers
Gary

matt98761

Gary- Of the 2, the Alpine for sure...but please don't pay $299 for
it!! Where do you live? Can you mail order? And yes, the amplifier
will completely change the way your speakers sound...no doubt about it.
Cleaner, more clear...less fatiguing to the ears. Also, your not
going to get a lot of bass without a sub. Matt

Sub_Lover

It sounds like you're using the stock head unit. I just bought a
Phoenix Gold Xenon 200.4 amplifier. It replace a Kenwood Excelon amp.
The Xenon has smoothed out my Polk speakers. I can definetely heat a
big difference. PG also makes a 100.4 amp that might work for you and
it can be had on Ebay for around 260.00.

wingman

Thanks again Matt.. I am in Canada.. this is 299 Canadian.. If i order
from eTronics it comes to 233 Canadian with shipping and all taxes.. I
am going to go ahead with that i think.. what say..

Wow only 40 watts. who wants 40 watts amp? I got rid of mine with 75
watts
so I could get a 400 watts amp. And I did not even pay around $120.
I paid for mine $30 for 400watts amplfiier with LPF and HPF control.

Wow another crappy amp. Just 35 watts. Who wants 35 watts amp? I got
mine with 400watts by paying $30.
It sounds damn good. I like it man.