blacktick

Default Cakewalk vs Soundforge Control Question

I am wondering if these new Sonar products give you any better transport
control. Specifically, I'd like to move with finer increments like using
the cursor left and right controls in Sound Forge.

TIA geniises!

Ricky W. Hunt

"blacktick" wrote in message
I am wondering if these new Sonar products give you any better transport
control. Specifically, I'd like to move with finer increments like using
the cursor left and right controls in Sound Forge.

TIA geniises!

Sonar 4 has keystroke overlays to make all the major DAW/Editing software as
well as sample accurate nudge commands. You could do this with previous
version but you have to create the key bindings yourself.

blacktick

"Ricky W. Hunt" wrote in message
"blacktick" wrote in message
I am wondering if these new Sonar products give you any better transport
control. Specifically, I'd like to move with finer increments like

using
the cursor left and right controls in Sound Forge.

TIA geniises!

Sonar 4 has keystroke overlays to make all the major DAW/Editing software

as
well as sample accurate nudge commands. You could do this with previous
version but you have to create the key bindings yourself.

Thanks! Which key binding am I thinking of then? I looked at it in Pro
Audio and didn't see anything matching the left/right cursor controls in
Sound Forge. I could take a gander at the manual too if I can find it.

Ricky W. Hunt

"blacktick" wrote in message

Thanks! Which key binding am I thinking of then? I looked at it in Pro
Audio and didn't see anything matching the left/right cursor controls in
Sound Forge. I could take a gander at the manual too if I can find it.

It's been long time since I used PA9 so I can't remember but I think nudge
was introduced with Sonar (possibly 2). Sonar (and PA) aren't/weren't wave
editors per se so they didn't include editing to the sample level (though
they SHOULD have and do now).