Posted to rec.audio.opinion
fid fid is offline

Default Tweeter replacement for Kef 107

Hello,
Can you please suggest hi-quality tweeters to replace the T33s for the
kef 107s? I was thinking at the Scan-Speak D2905/9500. Could the
faceplate of these tweeters be swapped to fit different speakers? I
appreciate any inputs.
Thank you

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

On Feb 19, 4:13 pm, "fid" wrote:
Hello,
Can you please suggest hi-quality tweeters to replace the T33s for the
kef 107s? I was thinking at the Scan-Speak D2905/9500. Could the
faceplate of these tweeters be swapped to fit different speakers? I
appreciate any inputs.
Thank you

Heres a thread on replacing T33s in KEF104s.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthr...t=76529&page=2

One guy used a VIFA MG27 available from Madisound for ~$22 and claims
good results.
Worth a shot at that price.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"fid" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
Can you please suggest hi-quality tweeters to replace the T33s for the
kef 107s? I was thinking at the Scan-Speak D2905/9500. Could the
faceplate of these tweeters be swapped to fit different speakers? I
appreciate any inputs.

Check this tech info about what tweeters were used in various products.
Perhaps you can find one of them for a reasonable price:

http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/Ana...erSystems.html

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
avidlistener avidlistener is offline

On Feb 19, 4:13 pm, "fid" wrote:
Hello,
Can you please suggest hi-quality tweeters to replace the T33s for the
kef 107s? I was thinking at the Scan-Speak D2905/9500. Could the
faceplate of these tweeters be swapped to fit different speakers? I
appreciate any inputs.
Thank you

Unless you are prepared to re-enineer your speakers, it is best to use
the same model, since the speaker system's xover was designed for the
T33, nothing else will work exactly the same. Things like the rolloff
of he tweeter and how it meshs with the driver handling the lower
frequency range will almost surely be different.

Xover design is like most things in speaker design, a compromise,
there is no drop in replacement other than the driver that the system
came with.

Unless you are willing to invest in the equipment neccessary to model
and measure the results of any driver changes, then it is best to
leave things as they were originally designed.

tweeter replacement pil Car Audio 3 June 5th 04 05:32 PM
Replacement voice coil for Dynaudio tweeter?? JeffM. Car Audio 1 March 20th 04 08:58 PM
Bose Interaudio Replacement 10" Woofer and Tweeter (brand new) Randy Marketplace 0 March 17th 04 04:17 PM
Replacement NS-10 tweeter Shawn Pro Audio 6 February 24th 04 07:49 AM
Replacement Tweeter for one Paradigm Eclipse BP Bernard Tech 2 September 16th 03 03:23 AM