Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,uk.rec.audio
Fed Up Lurker Fed Up Lurker is offline

Default Shamefully for r.a.o., an on-topic post!

X-posted to uk.r.a and r.a.o.
I don't want any of rec.audio.opinion groups nutters replying, and nor Arny.

Amongst a whole pile of hardware, I have a Dacmagic (24 bit upsampling box
of tricks with 3 filter settings incl bessel) my own diy nonos dac (7350)
and
an early 901 LLC player.
I don't bother with most UK audio mags, only HFN+RR, it's got PM at the helm
and the right team and even KK has become highly readable in recent years.
In recent issue of HFN+RR, the legend gave a brief review of an intriquing
box from Pro-Ject, a filterless dac based around a pair of 1543's.
He covered most areas with such devices apart from compatibility issue
with such devices and recording technique used on *some* 16 binary digit
recordings.
Now, if you don't know what I'm talking about then stay out of the thread
or you'll get a kicking. I only have a couple of questions that only require
brief answers, not the loonacy of some of the numbskulls in r.a.o.

1) I rip to HDD as 16/48 wav (Not 16/44 cd-da) then I use audacity or A prem
to "lift" above 16khz (thinking outside the triangle?) to make *some*
problematic
recordings compatible with my trick filter or filterless devices. It works,
but
it's a clumsy and time consuming method. I was just hoping that a pro
technician/
engineer or sane individual would know of freeware that has the on-board
compatibility setting and I could rip direct to HDD as compatible cd-da?

2) I searched everywhere, but as yet Pro-Ject have it hidden, so again
hopefully,
does anyone have a link to the schematic for the Pro-Ject filterless dac?

You Arny won't know so don't stick your oar in.
Apart from that, I hope you're all well and leading happy lives.
(Apart from Phill Allison)

Cheers
JS.

Off topic [email protected] Pro Audio 0 September 5th 06 07:24 PM
Off topic want help!!! dubbin it up Car Audio 1 August 6th 06 05:49 AM
Off topic post of the day..... Austin Becker Car Audio 1 March 17th 06 10:39 PM
Atkinson's "Fabricated Post" thread starts with a post he fabricated! Arny Krueger Audio Opinions 36 August 23rd 03 07:03 PM