Posted to rec.audio.high-end
max.boswell max.boswell is offline

Default message anew (revised), plain text; sorry

;I need to upgrade/change the cartridge in my VPI 19 jr turntable.
I'll probably replace the aging moving magnet [it's a too long-ago
brand, I hesitate to name it] with a basic or middle- end Dynavector
or comparable brand. My venerable Macinstosh amp has been replaced by
the solid state Creek 5350SE. Any suggestions re cartridge
replacement?

More important: Because I've had difficulties with installing and
calibrating a cartridge, I want to find someone to do it -
incidentally, the head on the (Rega) arm is not detachable. I'm in
NYC and after years of experience am wary of dealers & their "service"
depts. Any suggestions re dealer or other service sources? [VPI of
course no longer produces or services the 19 jr.] Thanks for help.
Max.