Posted to rec.audio.opinion
soundhaspriority

Default Questions for Paul Packer

Have you ever been attacked by a drop bear, or worn sunglasses on the back
of your head?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 01:12:44 -0400, "soundhaspriority"
wrote:

Have you ever been attacked by a drop bear, or worn sunglasses on the back
of your head?

I'm unable to decipher the meaning of this riddle. Should I just chop
through it with my sword?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
soundhaspriority

wrote:

Have you ever been attacked by a drop bear, or worn sunglasses on the back
of your head?

I'm unable to decipher the meaning of this riddle. Should I just chop
through it with my sword?

Oh, I'm sorry. I picked up the following trivia on an Oz website. A "drop
bear" is a modern myth created to keep children away from eucalyptus trees
that have a dangerous tendency to shed limbs. According to the "myth", the
"drop bear" is a dangerous marsupial that hangs upside down from tree
branches.

In some areas, mating magpies aggressively attack people, pecking at the
backs of their heads. According to a website, an effective decoy is to wear
sunglasses on the back of one's head, fooling the magpies into thinking that
one can see them coming.

You may now ask me if I have to dodge thunderbirds when I'm jogging

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Trevor Wilson

wrote:

[...]

**Depends whose driving one, I guess. I hired one back in 1994. I thought I
was going well, 'till a supercharged T-Bird went past doing an estimated
140MPH.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

wrote:

Have you ever been attacked by a drop bear, or worn sunglasses on the back
of your head?

I'm unable to decipher the meaning of this riddle. Should I just chop
through it with my sword?

Oh, I'm sorry. I picked up the following trivia on an Oz website. A "drop
bear" is a modern myth created to keep children away from eucalyptus trees
that have a dangerous tendency to shed limbs. According to the "myth", the
"drop bear" is a dangerous marsupial that hangs upside down from tree
branches.

You learn something new every day. Never heard of it.

In some areas, mating magpies aggressively attack people, pecking at the
backs of their heads. According to a website, an effective decoy is to wear
sunglasses on the back of one's head, fooling the magpies into thinking that
one can see them coming.

I wish I'd thought of that. I've been attacked many times on golf
course, but the worst attack was when I was walking through Hyde Park,
Sydney, one day when a large bird hit my cheek a glancing blow that
nearly knocked me out, and certainly drew blood. Apparent;ly it was
mating season.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Albatross

Oh, I'm sorry. I picked up the following trivia on an Oz website. A "drop
bear" is a modern myth created to keep children away from eucalyptus trees
that have a dangerous tendency to shed limbs. According to the "myth", the
"drop bear" is a dangerous marsupial that hangs upside down from tree
branches.

Actually Drop Bears were 'invented' to scare allied forces visiting
Australia during the 2nd World War.
As we had no large predators to scare the Yanks & Poms with, the myth of the
Drop Bear was created.

Nowdays we refer to Koalas as drop bears, even though they're not a bear

Cheers,
Ric

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
soundhaspriority

Default Pennsylvania thunderbird

wrote:

[...]

http://www.cryptozoology.net/english...ns/return.html

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal

"soundhaspriority" said:

http://www.cryptozoology.net/english...ns/return.html

There's no piccies on that page. So booooooring! ;-)

--
"All amps sound alike, but some sound more alike than others".