Hermann Stemberger

Default MOTU 2408 and software DVD players

Hi!
I hope i'm not the only one with that problem: MOTU 2408 and Software DVD
Players (with software-decoder).

I'm trying with no success to get any multichannel decoded sound through my
MOTU 2408.
I've tried PowerDVD, WinDVD, they all say the same:
Multispeakers Audio Device : Not Detected

I use the three TDIF-Ports to go to my Tascam DM24 and i get signals just on
the channels one and two.
Stereo works... I've tried both, "Enable full wave support MME" and without.
When i activate the MME support, my sound control panel (windows xp) has to
choose Pairs of channels (e.g. PCI324 DA-88 A1-2, PCI324 DA-88 A3-4, ...)
and when i do not activate the MME support my sound control panel Lets me
choose in "Banks" (e.g. PCI324 DA-88 A1-8, PCI324 DA-88 B1-8, ...)
But in both ways it doesn't work, unfortunately.

Maybe you know that problem? I really would like to hear Steely Dan's Two
against Nature in Surround! Or can you tell me which software works for
playing multichannel (softwaredecoded) via the MOTU 2408?

Thanks in advance,
Hermann

Geoff Wood

"Hermann Stemberger" wrote in message
y.telekom.at...
[...]

You would need a special driver to acheive this, or an application that
includes the splitting of the stream into discrete o/p channels. Dunno if
one exists, but I would expect not. Get a TB Santa Cruz for a trade-off
between this capability and good quality (better than SB/generic).

geoff