Posted to rec.audio.tech
andrew_h

Default Good sites to learn about sound, amps etc?

Hi,

Just a question here - I am learning electronics (did Physics in school
but that was a basic groudning). Have learnt tons and am keen to learn
more - I take special interest in audio electronics, sound and
amplifiers.

Do people know of any good sites where I can read up and learn about
anything to do with sound reproduction (in terms of using amplifiers
etc), and amplifiers etc?

I know this one - http://sound.westhost.com/articles.htm - which is
excellent.

Any other stand-out sites that people might have in their bookmarks?

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Jens Rodrigo

andrew_h wrote:
Just a question here - I am learning electronics (did Physics in
school
but that was a basic groudning). Have learnt tons and am keen to learn
more - I take special interest in audio electronics, sound and
amplifiers.
Do people know of any good sites where I can read up and learn about
anything to do with sound reproduction (in terms of using amplifiers
etc), and amplifiers etc?
I know this one - http://sound.westhost.com/articles.htm - which is
excellent.
Any other stand-out sites that people might have in their bookmarks?

Let's try he
http://www.google.com/search?&q=soun...fiers+learning

Cheers Jens

Posted to rec.audio.tech
andrew_h

Thanks. I have already searched on google.

If you read the question, I ask on here as people on here would take
interest in those topics mentioned, and so might know sites personally
which they could recommend. These sites might not always be in google,
and even if they are - might be way into the results.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Ethan Winer

Andrew,

Do people know of any good sites where I can read up

Maybe you'll find something useful he

www.ethanwiner.com/articles.html

--Ethan

Posted to rec.audio.tech
dezza

This might keep you busy for a while.
Look for the hifi link. Theres plenty of other electronic topics too as
you will see.

http://www.epanorama.net/index.php

Dezza.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eiron

http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/whp/index.shtml
Posted to rec.audio.tech
GregS

In article . com, "andrew_h" wrote:
Thanks. I have already searched on google.

Google does not have everything. Try Gigiblast and others.
It amazing how few extra pages Google carries.

greg

If you read the question, I ask on here as people on here would take
interest in those topics mentioned, and so might know sites personally
which they could recommend. These sites might not always be in google,
and even if they are - might be way into the results.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Ben Bradley

On 10 Mar 2006 20:10:40 -0800, "andrew_h"
wrote:

Hi,

Just a question here - I am learning electronics (did Physics in school
but that was a basic groudning). Have learnt tons and am keen to learn
more - I take special interest in audio electronics, sound and
amplifiers.

Do people know of any good sites where I can read up and learn about
anything to do with sound reproduction (in terms of using amplifiers
etc), and amplifiers etc?

I know this one - http://sound.westhost.com/articles.htm - which is
excellent.

It appears from that site that you're interested in audio amplifier
DESIGN. I'm not sure from the rest of your post.

Douglas Self has as website (I've looked over) and a book (that
apparently has much more than the website, I don't have it but may get
it someday). The site is http://www.dself.dsl.pipex.com and an
interesting power amplifier page is this:

http://www.dself.dsl.pipex.com/ampins/dipa/dipa.htm

Any other stand-out sites that people might have in their bookmarks?