Here in Oregon

Default Gigastudio 3.0 Orchestra

Does anybody have any comments on running this program in a live
situation? Just a couple of sounds at once streaming from ram and the
hard drive are what we are after.

Are notebook computers functional for this or would it be better to
haul a rack mount computer to the performances? I am everything but a
keyboard player and wanted to improve my keyboardist's sounds in my
band.

Are the stock sounds of Gigastudio Orchestral decent for bass, strings,
piano and brass? I would really appreciate any advice or links on this
subject of using soft synths. Thanks for all the advice over the
years.

Also, looking for anyone in the Portland, Oregon area available for
consulting on this issue. We are also in need of an audio engineering
consultant for my studio part time.