Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Default Audio Post!

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was $1300. Anybody want to
guess?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius cmndr _ george @ comcast . net wrote:

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was $1300. Anybody want to
guess?

Onkyo and Polk?

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was $1300. Anybody want to
guess?

Onkyo and Polk?

Onkyo is right. You're as sharp as ever.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Robert said:

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was $1300. Anybody want to
guess?

Onkyo and Polk?

Onkyo is right. You're as sharp as ever.

The man has taste.

Why do you say that? The speakers are all the same brand, if you care to
take a guess.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Robert said:

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and a receiver (no
sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was $1300. Anybody want
guess?

Onkyo and Polk?

Onkyo is right. You're as sharp as ever.

The man has taste.

Why do you say that? The speakers are all the same brand, if you care to
take a guess.

I do have a low-end Onkyo in the kitchen system, but the Radio Shack
speakers I use aren't all that revealing of sound quality.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Robert said:

Onkyo is right. You're as sharp as ever.

The man has taste.

Why do you say that?

I had an Onkyo mass-market piece a few years back, and was impressed by it
in every way. It transcended its humble epoxy-paper circuit boards.

The speakers are all the same brand, if you care to
take a guess.

Polk.

Sorry if I woke you.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

The speakers are all the same brand, if you care to
take a guess.

Genesis 1.1 ?

Nope. Would you call Genesis mass market?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Robert said:

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and
a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was
$1300. Anybody want to
guess?

Onkyo and Polk?

Onkyo is right. You're as sharp as ever.

The man has taste.

Why do you say that? The speakers are all the same
brand, if you care to take a guess.

I do have a low-end Onkyo in the kitchen system, but the
Radio Shack speakers I use aren't all that revealing of
sound quality.

Good enough for anybody who thinks that vinyl sounds good. :-(

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

The Krooborg delves into the arcana of personal preference.

I do have a low-end Onkyo in the kitchen system, but the
Radio Shack speakers I use aren't all that revealing of
sound quality.

Good enough for anybody who thinks that vinyl sounds good. :-(

Arnii, you'll forgive us simple Normals for eschewing the advice of
someone who regularly dines on feces.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Robert said:

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and
a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was
$1300. Anybody want to
guess?

Onkyo and Polk?

Onkyo is right. You're as sharp as ever.

The man has taste.

Why do you say that? The speakers are all the same
brand, if you care to take a guess.

I do have a low-end Onkyo in the kitchen system, but the
Radio Shack speakers I use aren't all that revealing of
sound quality.

Good enough for anybody who thinks that vinyl sounds good. :-(

So are the Quads in the main system and the Linn Kabers in the tv
system.

BTW, I don't recommend turntables for the kitchen unless they're Lazy
Susans.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"MiNe 109" wrote in message

wrote:

Robert said:

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and
a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was
$1300. Anybody want to
guess?

Onkyo and Polk?

Onkyo is right. You're as sharp as ever.

The man has taste.

Why do you say that? The speakers are all the same
brand, if you care to take a guess.

I do have a low-end Onkyo in the kitchen system, but the
Radio Shack speakers I use aren't all that revealing of
sound quality.

Good enough for anybody who thinks that vinyl sounds
good. :-(

So are the Quads in the main system and the Linn Kabers
in the tv system.

No, they are too good.

I see that you're having problems with comparative word forms, Stephen.

BTW, I don't recommend turntables for the kitchen unless
they're Lazy Susans.

Given that vinyl tends to sound like droplets of water hitting hot fat, I
can't think of a better place to listen to it than the kitchen.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message

wrote:

Robert said:

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and
a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was
$1300. Anybody want to
guess?

Onkyo and Polk?

Onkyo is right. You're as sharp as ever.

The man has taste.

Why do you say that? The speakers are all the same
brand, if you care to take a guess.

I do have a low-end Onkyo in the kitchen system, but the
Radio Shack speakers I use aren't all that revealing of
sound quality.

Good enough for anybody who thinks that vinyl sounds
good. :-(

So are the Quads in the main system and the Linn Kabers
in the tv system.

No, they are too good.

I see that you're having problems with comparative word forms, Stephen.

No, you don't.

BTW, I don't recommend turntables for the kitchen unless
they're Lazy Susans.

Given that vinyl tends to sound like droplets of water hitting hot fat, I
can't think of a better place to listen to it than the kitchen.

Where did you get an lp of "droplets of water hitting hot fat"? Kitchen
Confidential Records?

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

I see that you're having problems with comparative word forms, Stephen.

No, you don't.

Arnii's got his Krooglish Vision specs on.

Given that vinyl tends to sound like droplets of water hitting hot fat, I
can't think of a better place to listen to it than the kitchen.

Where did you get an lp of "droplets of water hitting hot fat"?

And what do you use as a sonic reference, Mr. Smarty-Pants?

Kitchen Confidential Records?

That was a funny show. Is Krooger responsible for it getting canceled?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

Robert said:

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and
a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was
$1300. Anybody want to
guess?

Onkyo and Polk?

Onkyo is right. You're as sharp as ever.

The man has taste.

Why do you say that? The speakers are all the same
brand, if you care to take a guess.

I do have a low-end Onkyo in the kitchen system, but the
Radio Shack speakers I use aren't all that revealing of
sound quality.

Good enough for anybody who thinks that vinyl sounds good. :-(

Next time, mount your cartridge so the needle is toward the FRONT of the
turntable.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

Jenn said:

The speakers are all the same brand, if you care to
take a guess.

Genesis 1.1 ?

Nope. Would you call Genesis mass market?

Only if you have a mass of cash! ;-)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Robert said:

Polk.

Sorry if I woke you.

You mean you went outside "Balmore" for nirvana?

I mean somebody else already guessed Polk.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 26, 6:27 am, MiNe 109 wrote:

Robert said:

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and
a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was
$1300. Anybody want to
guess?

Onkyo and Polk?

Onkyo is right. You're as sharp as ever.

The man has taste.

Why do you say that? The speakers are all the same
brand, if you care to take a guess.

I do have a low-end Onkyo in the kitchen system, but the
Radio Shack speakers I use aren't all that revealing of
sound quality.

Good enough for anybody who thinks that vinyl sounds good. :-(

So are the Quads in the main system and the Linn Kabers in the tv
system.

BTW, I don't recommend turntables for the kitchen unless they're Lazy
Susans.

I'm not familiar with that brand.

What kind of tonearm?:-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

http://cdbaby.com/cd/baconegg

Kitchen Confidential Records?

That was a funny show. Is Krooger responsible for it getting canceled?

He's probably not a fan, no.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 26, 8:26 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

Given that vinyl tends to sound like droplets of water hitting hot fat, I
can't think of a better place to listen to it than the kitchen.

No wonder you stopped showering.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Robert said:

[...]

This arm (http://www.aiko.com/roscoe/arm2.html) is said able to be built
on a kitchen table:

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache...dio.com/forums
/showthread/t-9084.html+tonearm+kitchen&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

BTW, I don't recommend turntables for the kitchen unless they're Lazy
Susans.

I'm not familiar with that brand.

It's a reference to the Kroobitch.

What kind of tonearm?:-)

Seriously medicated, no doubt.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] sgordon@changethisparttohardbat.com is offline

George M. Middius cmndr _ george @ comcast . net wrote:
: I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and a receiver (no sub).
: All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was $1300. Anybody want to
: guess?

Cambridge Soundworks?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
west[_4_] west[_4_] is offline

"George M. Middius" cmndr _ george @ comcast . net wrote in message

Jenn said:

The speakers are all the same brand, if you care to
take a guess.

Genesis 1.1 ?

Nope. Would you call Genesis mass market?

and you're proud of this acquisition? If I were a moderator I would herby
ban you from RAO & RAT.

west

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

wrote:

Robert said:

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and
a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was
$1300. Anybody want to
guess?

Onkyo and Polk?

Onkyo is right. You're as sharp as ever.

The man has taste.

Why do you say that? The speakers are all the same
brand, if you care to take a guess.

I do have a low-end Onkyo in the kitchen system, but the
Radio Shack speakers I use aren't all that revealing of
sound quality.

Good enough for anybody who thinks that vinyl sounds
good. :-(

Next time, mount your cartridge so the needle is toward
the FRONT of the turntable.

Silly me - I always mount the cartridge so that the needle is pointed down
towards the LP.

Thanks Jenn for sharing your secret for avoiding hearing noise and
distortion from LPs - play them with the needle pointed toward the front of
the turntable, not down so that it actually rests on the LP's groove.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

wrote:

Robert said:

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and
a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was
$1300. Anybody want to
guess?

Onkyo and Polk?

Onkyo is right. You're as sharp as ever.

The man has taste.

Why do you say that? The speakers are all the same
brand, if you care to take a guess.

I do have a low-end Onkyo in the kitchen system, but the
Radio Shack speakers I use aren't all that revealing of
sound quality.

Good enough for anybody who thinks that vinyl sounds
good. :-(

Next time, mount your cartridge so the needle is toward
the FRONT of the turntable.

Silly me - I always mount the cartridge so that the needle is pointed down
towards the LP.

My God you're clever.

Thanks Jenn for sharing your secret for avoiding hearing noise and
distortion from LPs

Who said that I don't hear noise and distortion? You're making things
up again.

- play them with the needle pointed toward the front of
the turntable, not down so that it actually rests on the LP's groove.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 27, 12:11 pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

Thanks Jenn for sharing your secret for avoiding hearing noise and
distortion from LPs

Who said that I don't hear noise and distortion? You're making things
up again.

Thanks jene n for admintting that jeen you know that jnnn that even
the mostset suprerior LP is kindled by the most egregiously flaweed
CD.

You're secter is ouwt now jeNN.;-(

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article .com,
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! wrote:

On May 27, 12:11 pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

Thanks Jenn for sharing your secret for avoiding hearing noise and
distortion from LPs

Who said that I don't hear noise and distortion? You're making things
up again.

Thanks jene n for admintting that jeen you know that jnnn that even
the mostset suprerior LP is kindled by the most egregiously flaweed
CD.

You're secter is ouwt now jeNN.;-(

Been there, done that, ZORT!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bill Riel Bill Riel is offline

In article , George M.
Middius cmndr _ george @ comcast . net says...

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was $1300. Anybody want to
guess?

Mass market? Perhaps Klipsch?

--
Bill
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Bill Riel said:

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was $1300. Anybody want to
guess?

Mass market? Perhaps Klipsch?

Not Klipsch, although I did consider them for the amount I wanted to
spend.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

George M. Middius a scris:
Robert said:

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was $1300. Anybody want to
guess?

Onkyo and Polk?

Onkyo is right. You're as sharp as ever.

The man has taste.

Why do you say that? The speakers are all the same brand, if you care to
take a guess.

NO!

Not Trotsky's speakers?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Clyde Slick said:

NO!
Not Trotsky's speakers?

Not. Is he still in "business"?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Bill Riel said:

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was $1300. Anybody want to
guess?

Mass market? Perhaps Klipsch?

Not Klipsch, although I did consider them for the amount I wanted to
spend.

Hmmm... how about Infinity? The Beta system should fit in that price
range.

--
Bill
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Bill Riel said:

I just got a new surround system. Five speakers and a receiver (no sub).
All mass-market gear and all NIB. Total cost was $1300. Anybody want to
guess?

Mass market? Perhaps Klipsch?

Not Klipsch, although I did consider them for the amount I wanted to
spend.

Hmmm... how about Infinity? The Beta system should fit in that price
range.

Not Infinity of any stripe.

Are they still making Betas? I thought they dropped the Greek letters
ten years ago.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

"George M. Middius" cmndr _ george @ comcast . net wrote in message

Clyde Slick said:

NO!
Not Trotsky's speakers?

Not. Is he still in "business"?

Jupiter Audio still shows on Google search, even appears
as a sponsored link though the site is down at the moment.

ScottW