Posted to rec.audio.misc
CC CC is offline

Default Can't post to rec.audio.high-end?

Hi:

I've tried three times over the past fee months to post to that group,
and never succeeded. I know it's moderated. There's no reason my posts
would have been rejected by a moderator, as they are in line with what I
typically read there.

Perhaps my domain is blocked or something. Any idea how to find out
what's going on?

Thanks for input.

--
_____________________
Christopher R. Carlen

SuSE 9.1 Linux 2.6.5
Posted to rec.audio.misc
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"CC" wrote in message

Hi:

I've tried three times over the past fee months to post
to that group, and never succeeded. I know it's
moderated. There's no reason my posts would have been
rejected by a moderator, as they are in line with what I
typically read there.
Perhaps my domain is blocked or something. Any idea how
to find out what's going on?

Some ISPs don't handle posts to moderated newsgroups properly. There is
usually also a means to submit the posts directly to the moderators via
email.

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Greg Berchin Greg Berchin is offline

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 20:25:34 -0800, CC
wrote:

I've tried three times over the past fee months to post to that group,
and never succeeded.

Do you spam-proof your email address in your postings? If so, read
section 4.7 of the r.a.h-e posting guidelines.

Posted to rec.audio.misc
DaveW DaveW is offline

That newsgroup has an UNAVOIDABLE and RIDICULOUS policy of not posting a
person's material if you do not provide an ACCURATE and Unadulterated e-mail
address. Of course, when you do this the Spammer's will descend on you. I
have written to them many times in the past to complain, but they refuse to
respond to this issue.

--
DaveW

----------------
"CC" wrote in message
Hi:

I've tried three times over the past fee months to post to that group, and
never succeeded. I know it's moderated. There's no reason my posts would
have been rejected by a moderator, as they are in line with what I
typically read there.

Perhaps my domain is blocked or something. Any idea how to find out
what's going on?

Thanks for input.

--
_____________________
Christopher R. Carlen

SuSE 9.1 Linux 2.6.5

Posted to rec.audio.misc
bassett bassett is offline

"DaveW" wrote in message
. ..
That newsgroup has an UNAVOIDABLE and RIDICULOUS policy of not posting a
person's material if you do not provide an ACCURATE and Unadulterated
e-mail address. Of course, when you do this the Spammer's will descend on
you. I have written to them many times in the past to complain, but they
refuse to respond to this issue.

--
DaveW

Yes,, I gave the thing away, in the end.. Spent hours writing replies, to
posts only to be ignored, by some prat, who can't see any further then the
end of his nose.
O'well, there happy in there own little narrow world.
bassett

Posted to rec.audio.misc
GregS GregS is offline

In article , CC wrote:
Hi:

I've tried three times over the past fee months to post to that group,
and never succeeded. I know it's moderated. There's no reason my posts
would have been rejected by a moderator, as they are in line with what I
typically read there.

Perhaps my domain is blocked or something. Any idea how to find out
what's going on?

I can't either. I used to be able to. So now I use Google.

greg
Posted to rec.audio.misc
Walt Walt is offline

DaveW wrote:

That newsgroup has an UNAVOIDABLE and RIDICULOUS policy of not posting a
person's material if you do not provide an ACCURATE and Unadulterated e-mail
address. Of course, when you do this the Spammer's will descend on you. I
have written to them many times in the past to complain, but they refuse to
respond to this issue.

So, get a free throwaway email address from yahoo or hotmail or any of
the other ten thousand free email providers. How hard is that?

Do spammers even bother with harvesting usenet anymore for email
addresses anymore? With 99% of addresses munged, and plenty of other
sources to choose from I would think they've moved on to greener pastures.

//Walt
Posted to rec.audio.misc
bassett bassett is offline

"Walt" wrote in message
DaveW wrote:

That newsgroup has an UNAVOIDABLE and RIDICULOUS policy of not posting a
person's material if you do not provide an ACCURATE and Unadulterated
e-mail address. Of course, when you do this the Spammer's will descend
on you. I have written to them many times in the past to complain, but
they refuse to respond to this issue.

So, get a free throwaway email address from yahoo or hotmail or any of the
other ten thousand free email providers. How hard is that?

Do spammers even bother with harvesting usenet anymore for email addresses
anymore? With 99% of addresses munged, and plenty of other sources to
choose from I would think they've moved on to greener pastures.

//Walt

It's really not a big deal,, just unsubscribe from there little world,
and let them wallow in there stupidity
bassett