Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default RIP Edward Kennedy

A flawed man, but he did a lot of good.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

A flawed man, but he did a lot of good.

Sacky will tell you Ted was evil incarnate.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

On Aug 25, 10:49�pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Jenn said:

A flawed man, but he did a lot of good.

Sacky will tell you Ted was evil incarnate.

Wikipedia says he was murdered by zombies.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Even Jenn hedges a half-hearted eulogy:

A flawed man, but he did a lot of good.

May he rot in hell forevermore.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"GeoSynch" wrote:

Even Jenn hedges a half-hearted eulogy:

No hedge, just an honest opinion.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jenn gamely perseveres:

Even Jenn hedges a half-hearted eulogy:

No hedge, just an honest opinion.

Even someone like you can't overlook the facts regarding Mary Jo Kopechne,
Kennedy's callous disregard about being responsible for death and his only
concern was to save his own political hide.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"GeoSynch" wrote:

Jenn gamely perseveres:

Even Jenn hedges a half-hearted eulogy:

No hedge, just an honest opinion.

Even someone like you can't overlook the facts regarding Mary Jo Kopechne,
Kennedy's callous disregard about being responsible for death and his only
concern was to save his own political hide.

Even someone like you can learn to comprehend the word "flawed".
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jenn wants to play semantics:

Even Jenn hedges a half-hearted eulogy:

No hedge, just an honest opinion.

Even someone like you can't overlook the facts regarding Mary Jo Kopechne,
Kennedy's callous disregard about being responsible for death and his only
concern was to save his own political hide.

Even someone like you can learn to comprehend the word "flawed".

If that sort of reprehensible action can be described as "flawed" what benign
word would you use to describe Bill Clinton's rape of Juaita Brodderick?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 26 aug., 01:49, George M. Middius wrote:
Jenn said:

A flawed man, but he did a lot of good.

Sacky will tell you Ted was evil incarnate.

no, just a drunk driver who killed someone
a normal person would have been prosecuted for manslaughter
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 26 aug., 02:37, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Jenn wants to play semantics:

Even Jenn hedges a half-hearted eulogy:
No hedge, just an honest opinion.
Even someone like you can't overlook the facts regarding Mary Jo Kopechne,
Kennedy's callous disregard about being responsible for death and his only
concern was to save his own political hide.

Even someone like you can learn to comprehend the word "flawed".

If that sort of reprehensible action can be described as "flawed" what benign
word would you use to describe Bill Clinton's rape of Juaita Brodderick

We know what Kennedy did, and it resulted in death.
It is more certain, and more dire
it is much more than a flaw or blemish

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"GeoSynch" wrote:

Jenn wants to play semantics:

Even Jenn hedges a half-hearted eulogy:

No hedge, just an honest opinion.

Even someone like you can't overlook the facts regarding Mary Jo Kopechne,
Kennedy's callous disregard about being responsible for death and his only
concern was to save his own political hide.

Even someone like you can learn to comprehend the word "flawed".

If that sort of reprehensible action can be described as "flawed"

Flaws come in various sizes.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Norman Schwartz Norman Schwartz is offline

Jenn said:

A flawed man, but he did a lot of good.

Sacky will tell you Ted was evil incarnate.

no, just a drunk driver who killed someone
a normal person would have been prosecuted for manslaughter

No,
http://www.nationalreview.com/miller/miller080103.asp

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Aug 26, 1:37*am, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Jenn wants to play semantics:

Even Jenn hedges a half-hearted eulogy:
No hedge, just an honest opinion.
Even someone like you can't overlook the facts regarding Mary Jo Kopechne,
Kennedy's callous disregard about being responsible for death and his only
concern was to save his own political hide.

Even someone like you can learn to comprehend the word "flawed".

If that sort of reprehensible action can be described as "flawed" what benign
word would you use to describe Bill Clinton's rape of Juaita Brodderick?

"Gullible"?

She has changed her story several times. Why are you so sure it
happened? Because it was on Hannity? LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default RIP Mary Jo

On Aug 26, 11:15*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Aug 25, 10:47*pm, Jenn wrote:

*Justice was never served until now.

Sugar writes:

"May he rot in hell forevermore. "

I'm glad I'm not a right-wing whackjob.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jenn lets loose a whopper:

Even Jenn hedges a half-hearted eulogy:

No hedge, just an honest opinion.

Even someone like you can't overlook the facts regarding Mary Jo Kopechne,
Kennedy's callous disregard about being responsible for death and his only
concern was to save his own political hide.

Even someone like you can learn to comprehend the word "flawed".

If that sort of reprehensible action can be described as "flawed"

Flaws come in various sizes.

So do rationalizations.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

A flawed man, but he did a lot of good.

Sacky will tell you Ted was evil incarnate.

no, just a drunk driver who killed someone
a normal person would have been prosecuted for manslaughter

Nothing about his satanic politics?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On Aug 25, 10:47*pm, Jenn wrote:

*Justice was never served until now.

ScottW

No. There is no real justice. Edward Moore Kennedy committed a series
of acts that showed callous disregard for human life, wound up killing
the woman, and not having it put him out of public office as it would
have nearly anyone else. He then went on to spend the next 40 years as
a US Senator, a position of great power and prestiege and considerable
luxury.

The electorate of Massachusetts bears a great guilt-and I mean not
collective guilt but a guilt of each individual who voted for him
(which was most of them since he got re-elected sometimes by Stalin-
like margins) for keeping this titanically reprobate and worthless
beast in office. If I believed in (any monotheistic concept of) God
(and I was raised Roman Catholic, and have some understanding of
Catholic theology) I would say they were gravely sinful.

Chappaquiddick was merely the most casually visible sign of Kennedy's
rottenness. He was a public drunk and womanizer for decades, of
course, and drove his first wife first to the bottle and then to
fundamentalist religion-I'll leave to Catholic theologians which is
the worse-while constantly behaving in a way that would have had any
conservative run out on a rail.

But consider the things he stood up for:

The Hart-Cellar immigration act of 1965, which changed the face,
literally, of America. Where before we had one "race issue",
practically speaking, today we have essentially an infinite many.

Gun control, which has done nothing for crime (except make home
invasions nearly as safe for robbers in East Coast cities as it has in
the UK) and has in fact made millions of Americans ready to buy
anything that shoots, whilst financing a bureaucracy wielding enormous
powers which has randomly harassed and tormented citizens who have
committed no crime and imprisoned hundreds of others whose crimes were
of the most arcane technical nature.

Expansion of government social spending, always and everywhere. No
welfare program was too destructive or too expensive or too
nonsensical for Comrade Ted. His only criticism of the Great Society,
which did more to harm the blacks foundationally and drive whites out
of the urban areas, fueling urban sprawl and high gasoline use, than
anything else, was-it didn't go far enough.

Basically, I'm happy he's dead. Nothing else was going to get him out
of the Senate, and he was a first rate ******* through and through.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Even someone like you can't overlook the facts regarding Mary Jo Kopechne,
Kennedy's callous disregard about being responsible for death and his only
concern was to save his own political hide.

Even someone like you can learn to comprehend the word "flawed".

If that sort of reprehensible action can be described as "flawed"

Flaws come in various sizes.

Well, yes. One thinks of Charles Manson a little further along this
line.

But Manson was not a US Senator. Manson was in jail, where he
belonged. Kennedy was in a position of enormous power and further was
periodically and willfully returned to that position by the act of
millions of people, who apparently had no moral reservations against
returning as their representative in the most powerful and prestigious
legislative body on planet someone who could not be bothered to at
least make a pretense of civilized behavior.

Chappaquiddick would have ended the public career of any normal
person, but instead, Ted was elected again and again. In fact there
were millions of East Coasters actively trying to have him nominated
for President in 1980 to replace the bumbling incumbent Carter as the
Democratic rival to Ronald Reagan.

No, we need to face facts: Ted was a sorry ******* and it's good
riddance.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

Sugar writes:

"May he rot in hell forevermore. "

I'm glad I'm not a right-wing whackjob.

All this hatred for their fellow man...no wonder they're being phased
out. It's Social Darwinism. Take the "mestizos" Bratzi is so fond of
despising. They work hard, place their families at the top of their
priorities and always have time to celebrate life. Compare that with
angry middle-aged white men who sit around in front of their computers
reading right wing blogs and crying, "The sky is falling!" Is there
any wonder why Latinos are becoming the ethnic majority in so many
regions of the US? It's survival of the fittest, whiners. Nature is
phasing your weak asses out.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

A flawed man, but he did a lot of good.

Sacky will tell you Ted was evil incarnate.

no, just a drunk driver who killed someone
a normal person would have been prosecuted for manslaughter

No,http://www.nationalreview.com/miller/miller080103.asp

that has absolutely nothing to do with my aassertion

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 26 aug., 12:15, ScottW2 wrote:
On Aug 25, 10:47*pm, Jenn wrote:

*Justice was never served until now.

ScottW

What an incredibly stupid statement
Everybody dies, whether they are good
or bad. And a person usually dies only once!

No, Kennedy never met justice,
in terms of his joy ride
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 26 aug., 15:11, George M. Middius wrote:
Clyde Slick said:

A flawed man, but he did a lot of good.

Sacky will tell you Ted was evil incarnate.

no, just a drunk driver who killed someone
a normal person would have been prosecuted for manslaughter

Nothing about his satanic politics?

the Senate will miss him, they
won't have a town drunk anymore.
I've seen his drunken parade
down the halls of the Senate Office Building.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

Sacky will tell you Ted was evil incarnate.

no, just a drunk driver who killed someone
a normal person would have been prosecuted for manslaughter

Nothing about his satanic politics?

the Senate will miss him, they
won't have a town drunk anymore.

Wanna bet?

I've seen his drunken parade
down the halls of the Senate Office Building.

Good for you.

I watched a couple of reports about Kennedy on the evening news. ABC's was
temperate and calm, but CBS's was obsequious and hyperbolic.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 26 aug., 20:07, George M. Middius wrote:
Clyde Slick said:

Sacky will tell you Ted was evil incarnate.
no, just a drunk driver who killed someone
a normal person would have been prosecuted for manslaughter

Nothing about his satanic politics?

the Senate will miss him, they
won't have a town drunk anymore.

Wanna bet?

I've seen his drunken parade
down the halls of the Senate Office Building.

Good for you.

I watched a couple of reports about Kennedy on the evening news. ABC's was
temperate and calm, but CBS's was obsequious and hyperbolic.

You didn't see Fox's?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

I watched a couple of reports about Kennedy on the evening news. ABC's was
temperate and calm, but CBS's was obsequious and hyperbolic.

You didn't see Fox's?

Do tell.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Aug 26, 6:35*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 26 aug., 12:15, ScottW2 wrote:

On Aug 25, 10:47*pm, Jenn wrote:

*Justice was never served until now.

ScottW

What an incredibly stupid statement
Everybody dies, whether they are good
or bad. And a person usually dies only once!

No, Kennedy never met justice,
in terms of his joy ride

Here's a question for the Terrible Trio (in terms of intelligence) of
RAO:

Kennedy entered a "guilty" plea in a Court of law for the charge
brought against him. What else should he have done?

2pid? Sugar? Clyde? (Oh, what the hell. Let's go for the entire RAO
'brain' trust!) Bratzi?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 26 aug., 21:00, George M. Middius wrote:
Clyde Slick said:

I watched a couple of reports about Kennedy on the evening news. ABC's was
temperate and calm, but CBS's was obsequious and hyperbolic.

You didn't see Fox's?

Do tell.

I heard the feed when driving, the newsguys were pretty fair, talking
about the friendships
he had across the aisle. They remarked on his consistency and his
sincerity. They said he was trustworthy and lived up
to his end of the various deals he struck. One commentator was in bad
taste, Billy Kristol,
who would not disguise his mistaste for him, pretty
much calling him stupid. I had to jump out to pick at UPS to pick up
a package before Krauthammer came on. That is who I wanted to hear.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 26 aug., 12:15, ScottW2 wrote:

On Aug 25, 10:47*pm, Jenn wrote:

*Justice was never served until now.

ScottW

What an incredibly stupid statement
Everybody dies, whether they are good
or bad. And a person usually dies only once!

No, Kennedy never met justice,
in terms of his joy ride

Here's a question for the Terrible Trio (in terms of intelligence) of
RAO:

Kennedy entered a "guilty" plea in a Court of law for the charge
brought against him. What else should he have done?

1) Called the police right after it happened
2) Not lie to them when he was questioned
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

I watched a couple of reports about Kennedy on the evening news. ABC's was
temperate and calm, but CBS's was obsequious and hyperbolic.

You didn't see Fox's?

Do tell.

I heard the feed when driving, the newsguys were pretty fair, talking
about the friendships
he had across the aisle. They remarked on his consistency and his
sincerity. They said he was trustworthy and lived up
to his end of the various deals he struck.

I wonder which Senators are known for reneging on deals.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

A flawed man, but he did a lot of good.

Sacky will tell you Ted was evil incarnate.

no, just a drunk driver who killed someone

Evidence?

a normal person would have been prosecuted for manslaughter

Perhaps. But I see no evidence that he was drunk.

Is that something you're taking on faith? ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 26 aug., 12:15, ScottW2 wrote:

On Aug 25, 10:47*pm, Jenn wrote:

*Justice was never served until now.

ScottW

What an incredibly stupid statement
Everybody dies, whether they are good
or bad. And a person usually dies only once!

No, Kennedy never met justice,
in terms of his joy ride

Here's a question for the Terrible Trio (in terms of intelligence) of
RAO:

Kennedy entered a "guilty" plea in a Court of law for the charge
brought against him. What else should he have done?

1) Called the police right after it happened
2) Not lie to them when he was questioned

Yup. He made some poor choices.

Now that that's on the table, he enetered a "guilty" plea to the
charges brought against him. You bozos are talking about "escaping
justice" and "Justice was never served" and other brainless tripe.
What should he have done to have "justice served"?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Jenn said:

A flawed man, but he did a lot of good.

Sacky will tell you Ted was evil incarnate.

no, just a drunk driver who killed someone

Evidence?

a normal person would have been prosecuted for manslaughter

Perhaps. But I see no evidence that he was drunk.

Is that something you're taking on faith? ;-)

If he would have contacted the police immediately,
like he should have done, we would have known.
There was drinking at that party. H\If you look at
the particlars of his own story, his bahavior and reactions are
indicative of an intoxicatd person.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 26 aug., 12:15, ScottW2 wrote:

On Aug 25, 10:47*pm, Jenn wrote:

*Justice was never served until now.

ScottW

What an incredibly stupid statement
Everybody dies, whether they are good
or bad. And a person usually dies only once!

No, Kennedy never met justice,
in terms of his joy ride

Here's a question for the Terrible Trio (in terms of intelligence) of
RAO:

Kennedy entered a "guilty" plea in a Court of law for the charge
brought against him. What else should he have done?

1) Called the police right after it happened
2) Not lie to them when he was questioned

Yup. He made some poor choices.

Now that that's on the table, he enetered a "guilty" plea to the
charges brought against him. You bozos are talking about "escaping
justice" and "Justice was never served" and other brainless tripe.
What should he have done to have "justice served"?

report it to the police immediately
so that it could have been properly
investigated. There was testimony thet
Kopechne survived for two to four hours.
There was an air bubble.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 26 aug., 12:15, ScottW2 wrote:

On Aug 25, 10:47*pm, Jenn wrote:

[...]

We've already been here (see #1 above).

Now that that's on the table, he enetered a "guilty" plea to the
charges brought against him. You bozos are talking about "escaping
justice" and "Justice was never served" and other brainless tripe.
What should he have done to have "justice served"?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

A flawed man, but he did a lot of good.

Sacky will tell you Ted was evil incarnate.

no, just a drunk driver who killed someone

Evidence?

a normal person would have been prosecuted for manslaughter

Perhaps. But I see no evidence that he was drunk.

Is that something you're taking on faith? ;-)

If he would have contacted the police immediately,
like he should have done, we would have known.
There was drinking at that party. H\If you look at
the particlars of his own story, his bahavior and reactions are
indicative of an intoxicatd person.

So you're taking it on faith. Just say so.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly gets silly:

Kennedy entered a "guilty" plea in a Court of law for the charge brought
against him. What else should he have done?

He left her to drown to death, not alerting authorities for hours afterwards,
more concerned with saving his political hide.

He's directly responsible for her death and didn't do anything to try to save
her life while there was still time.

Spin it any way you like, but you and everybody else knows he was responsible
for Mary Jo Kopechne's death.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

All this hatred for their fellow man...no wonder they're being phased
out. It's Social Darwinism. Take the "mestizos" Bratzi is so fond of
despising. They work hard, place their families at the top of their
priorities and always have time to celebrate life. Compare that with
angry middle-aged white men who sit around in front of their computers
reading right wing blogs and crying, "The sky is falling!" Is there
any wonder why Latinos are becoming the ethnic majority in so many
regions of the US? It's survival of the fittest, whiners. Nature is
phasing your weak asses out.

That is exactly what Revilo P. Oliver said. He feared that White
people were biologically obsolete and had, like the mountain gorilla,
a lack of will to live, a resignation to meet the challenges of life,
and would be content to be assimilated into the brown hordes and no
longer exist.

He may have been right. He was of the opinion that the white race had
basically a short time to pull itself out of its suicidal decline, and
he was not optimistic as to its chances. See, you really do have
something in common with that man.

I don't hate the mestizo. I hate the refusal by white people to take
their continued existence seriously, their refusal to face the fact
that if we are hybridized out of existence the entire world of
technology will slowly sink back into the mire whence it came. Our
kind will be no more.

The Aztecs never did learn to cut records: they were content to cut
the hearts out of "their fellow man". Despite this you don't hear
much about them as haters.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Aug 26, 11:45*pm, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Jilly gets silly:

Kennedy entered a "guilty" plea in a Court of law for the charge brought
against him. What else should he have done?

He left her to drown to death, not alerting authorities for hours afterwards,
more concerned with saving his political hide.

We've been through this, Sugar.

He's directly responsible for her death and didn't do anything to try to save
her life while there was still time.

She should have pulled herself up by her bootstraps.

Spin it any way you like, but you and everybody else knows he was responsible
for Mary Jo Kopechne's death.

Where's the personal responsibility, Sugar? If she was alive for two
hours (which I very much doubt) she just sat there? If she had been a
conservative she would've by god made it!

I'm not spinning anything. I'm stating fact. Kennedy went through the
justice system, entered a guilty plea, and abided by what the Court
meted out.

What you're saying is (like any good vigilante) he didn't face *your*
version of justice. And here I thought conservatives were "rule of
law" types! Oooooops!

OK, now apply your 'logic' to dick cheney and bushie. They haven't
faced justice.

Have fun!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

OK, now apply your 'logic' to dick cheney and bushie. They haven't
faced justice.

I chuckled when Cheney recently revealed he was enraged that Dumbya didn't
pardon "Scooter" Libby outright. I think Uncle Dick is the reincarnation of
Marie Antoinette.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

On Aug 26, 10:41�pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
[...]

The way I see it is that the guy made a horrible mistake and spent the
rest of his life trying to do good to make up for it. What if everyone
who made a horrible mistake in their life did the same? Would the
world be a better place, or worse?