rungo11

Default I am a new guy to this site and have a question

I have some home audio gear, and need to know if it is worth keeping, or if
I should sell and upgrade.
I have Qty 3 Snell LCR 500.
I have Qty 2 Fosgate rear di-poles.
I also have Qty 1 Harman citation 7.0 processor.
I know the stuff is a bit older, but in its time, it was great stuff.
I want to do 7.1 with my new audio card in my PC. Does anyone have some
input?

Mark D. Zacharias

"rungo11" wrote in message
lkaboutaudio.com...
I have some home audio gear, and need to know if it is worth keeping, or if
I should sell and upgrade.
I have Qty 3 Snell LCR 500.
I have Qty 2 Fosgate rear di-poles.
I also have Qty 1 Harman citation 7.0 processor.
I know the stuff is a bit older, but in its time, it was great stuff.
I want to do 7.1 with my new audio card in my PC. Does anyone have some
input?

The speakers are probably fine. The processor is probably out-of-date, as
you suspected.
I'm not especially knowledgeable regarding the use of computers as the
surround system preamp, but I would suggest that you may want to address the
issue of fan noise. That's one thing that makes the use of your computer (as
the hub of your main system) dicey.
Some might feel that for a higher-end system, the computer may be inadequate
as a source, compared to regular high-grade home audio components.

Mark Z.