Honu

Default Mp3 v mpeg-4

I just found that Nero saves ripped tracks into mpeg-4 format. As far as I
can tell the only differences between this and the mp3 I'm use to is that
mp4 files are smaller but can't be played on many devices. Is that right?
The quality sounds the same, but are there other factors I'm missing?

Thanks

Musings from an MP3 Newbie Mike Rivers Pro Audio 24 December 1st 04 01:33 PM
mpeg Layer 3? mxh Tech 0 August 25th 04 01:45 AM
mpeg encoding at 192kbs, layer choice ??? Robert Morein Tech 8 April 2nd 04 08:34 AM
Extracting audio metadata Gaz General 2 October 27th 03 03:28 PM
Help needed from MPEG audio experts Gary Pro Audio 20 September 17th 03 07:08 AM