if6was9

Default Yellow foam Sennheiser headphone match?

Hi,
Sennheiser used to make a set of lightweight headphones that
had yellow foam ear pads. They did not fit over the ear and
would not pinch your glasses.
They don't make them anymore and I was wondering if anyone
knew the replacement model, since they make about 20 types
now and none of them look yellow.

Thanks,

if6

Tim Schwartz

Hello,

The headphones you are thinking of are probably the HD-414 (There was
also an HD-424 and maybe others), which at different times had gray,
then blue, and finally orange foam pads. You can probably find a pair
on e-bay. 5 years ago, Sennheiser still had the replacement pads
available. Another common problem with them is the cord going bad, but
these were also available, though expensive. The earlier gray cords
have wire that keeps breaking, the later black ones have wire that can't
be soldered, I think they spot welded the connections.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

if6was9 wrote:

Hi,
Sennheiser used to make a set of lightweight headphones that
had yellow foam ear pads. They did not fit over the ear and
would not pinch your glasses.
They don't make them anymore and I was wondering if anyone
knew the replacement model, since they make about 20 types
now and none of them look yellow.

Thanks,

if6

Dave Bachmann

I still have the HD-414 as a backup (with RadioShack replacement foams in
black instead of the original yellow). Still a pretty good pair, but for
serious stuff I se the HD-600s...

--

if6was9 wrote:

Hi,
Sennheiser used to make a set of lightweight headphones that
had yellow foam ear pads. They did not fit over the ear and
would not pinch your glasses.
They don't make them anymore and I was wondering if anyone
knew the replacement model, since they make about 20 types
now and none of them look yellow.

Thanks,

if6

if6was9

Dave Bachmann wrote:
I still have the HD-414 as a backup [...]

Found the Sennheiser PX100's listed as having the driver
'based on the famous HD-414's. Will try those.
Tried the HD-280's, they sounded good but were too heavy and
felt very tight had to send them back.

Dimitrios Tzortzakakis

I got some excellent headphones,Checoris or something like that, for just 4
euro.Why spend a fortune on sennheisers?

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr