Sam Avampato

Default NAD 6340 Cassette Deck

Can I use this deck to record and playback without a pre-amp?
Like maybe a headset or through the input jacks of a PC soundcard?

Sam

Mark D. Zacharias

"Sam Avampato" wrote in message
Can I use this deck to record and playback without a pre-amp?
Like maybe a headset or through the input jacks of a PC soundcard?

Sam

If it's a common type cassette deck, which I'm sure it is, then yes, any
standard - level signal input to it's Line In jacks would work to record.
This signal could for example come from the output of a CD player or the
Line Out of your PC sound card. Some cassette models also have microphone
inputs on their front panels.

Output of the cassette could go the line input (not the Mic input)of a sound
card for purposes of recording to a WAV file, or to any line - level input
of a stereo system.

One caution - if the Line In and Out from the cassette deck are
simultaneously plugged into the Line In and Out jacks of the computer, if
the cassette deck is in Record mode and certain inputs etc selected in the
sound card software, it might be possible to cause a feedback loop.

Mark Z.