VinylVictim

Default Are there any DVD recorders (Lite-On maybe ?) that double as CD (audio) recorders?

I have been looking for such a product, to no avail.
I want to record LPs to audio CDs, and VHS to DVD.
I thought I found one at CompUsa, a Liteon 5001 DVD recorder, but even
though their website says "CD audio recording", other websites
contradict that by stating the 5001 only records in VCD format to
standard CD.

So my question is, does such a machine exist, that records DVD
audio/video AND CD audio?

VinylVictim

fmohus

Lite-On LVW-5045 (
http://www.liteonit.com/DC/english/l...lvw_5045_2.htm ) is specified to
RECORD "CD-DA". CD-DA (Compact Disc - Digital Audio) is the official
designation for the audio-only format on CD (aka the "Red Book"). This may
be the machine you are looking for.

Frode, Norway

"VinylVictim" wrote in message
I have been looking for such a product, to no avail.
I want to record LPs to audio CDs, and VHS to DVD.
I thought I found one at CompUsa, a Liteon 5001 DVD recorder, but even
though their website says "CD audio recording", other websites
contradict that by stating the 5001 only records in VCD format to
standard CD.

So my question is, does such a machine exist, that records DVD
audio/video AND CD audio?

VinylVictim

Dimitrios Tzortzakakis

Yes.A computer with a DVD +- RW drive.This drive is capable of recording
both cds and dvds, and todays (celerons) processors are capable of doing
this conversion.I have converted tape to cd successfully, also lp to cd, but
not dvd, with my computer.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitri?s
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr