Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger

Default Bret Ludwig exposed as a poser on the test bench!

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
oups.com...

Arny Krueger wrote:
snip

(1) Bret doesn't seem to know how to set up a scope that views the output
of
a distortion analyzer
(2) Bret doesn't seem to know what to expect to see on a scope that views
the output of a distortion analyzer
(3) Bret doesn't seem to know how to analyze what one sees on a scope
that
views the output of a distortion analyzer.

How clear does it have to be?

Silly me.

No, inexperienced you, Bret.

BTW, watching skilled techs run a THD analyzer, or reading magazine ads
which is all you've provided evidence of Bret, isn't what Graham and I are
talking about.

Here I thought you hooked a BNC cable from the residual out of the
distortion box to a channel input of the scope and set the time/div
knob so each bump took a graticule or so and the volts/div to where the
height was about right. GOD, how STUPID could I have been?!

Arny, please educate us on your SUPERIOR method!

BTW, it's not my method. It's how it is done by everybody with a clue.

Two words: X/Y mode.

BTW, X/Y mode does not change the vertical calibration of the 'scope, so you
can still estimate the peak distortion from the 'scope.

What X/Y mode does do is cause the 'scope's display to remain stable without
further adjustment as you change the test frequency. Just another little
convenience that anybody who actually has significant hands-on time with a
THD analyzer knows.

Wow Bret, when you expose yourself to be a poser, you really do a bang-up
job!

Thanks.

Question for McIntosh buffs [email protected] Audio Opinions 92 January 22nd 06 12:00 AM
ALL amps are equal?? Pug Fugley Car Audio 60 August 17th 04 03:33 AM
audio coax cable JYC High End Audio 239 January 18th 04 08:12 PM
Mechanic blames amplifier for alternator failing?? Help>>>>>>>>>>> SHRED© Car Audio 57 December 13th 03 10:24 AM
Richman's ethical lapses Michael McKelvy Audio Opinions 9 December 12th 03 08:16 AM