Eric Delongchamp

Default phono stage

I have a Harmon Kardon ST-7 turntable, Rotel BX-60 intergraded amp
with no phono stage and NAD 541i cd player, but I want to add a phono
preamp, I wonder if Radio Shack stereo phono pre-amplifier would it
work for me or should I get NAD stereo pre-amplifier wich is three
time the money. I not a audiophile person just as long it sounds good
to me. I have two milk case full of albums which I dont want to spend
to much money on it. Thanks Eric

Eric Delongchamp wrote:
I have a Harmon Kardon ST-7 turntable, Rotel BX-60 intergraded amp
with no phono stage and NAD 541i cd player, but I want to add a phono
preamp, I wonder if Radio Shack stereo phono pre-amplifier would it

if you have an old amp/reciever with a phono stage and tape outputs
you could use it as a phone-pre.

used phone-pre's come up on ebay from time to time. there are a few
companies that make reasonable and simple tube phone stages - some
available as a kit if your are handy with soldering iron.

it's a compromise between your ears and your wallet,

to get excellent sound, there is no limit to pay.
to get quality sound expect to pay at least a few hundred.
to get sound, radio shack is fine.

--
Lance
"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the