kubi

Default Great River Pres

Hi there !

I'm going to add another pre to the arsenal of mine. Great River seems
to be a good choice from what I heard so far.
I cannot get all of their pres home for testing, but only one. That's
why I would like to know what's the sound difference between MP-2NV,
MP-2 and MP-2MH to decide which one to take home.
Could someone please compare the sound to a Vipre which I already
have?

Thanx in advance!
kubi
Richard Kuschel

Hi there !

I'm going to add another pre to the arsenal of mine. Great River seems
to be a good choice from what I heard so far.
I cannot get all of their pres home for testing, but only one. That's
why I would like to know what's the sound difference between MP-2NV,
MP-2 and MP-2MH to decide which one to take home.
Could someone please compare the sound to a Vipre which I already
have?

Thanx in advance!
kubi

I can't compare it to a Vipre, but my MP2MH is wonderful.

I would say that it is extremely transparent and I prefer it for use on
acoustic work.

the MH has output transformers which the other model does not have. Yopu can
come out of the preamp using either transformer or transformerless.

The MH offers both and is my choice.
Richard H. Kuschel
kubi

"Martin" wrote in message . ca...
What preamps do you have now?

1. DBX386
2. SPL Goldmike (to be replaced by another pre. Most probable GR-2NV
odr 2MH, let us see)
3. GT Vipre

kubi
Dave Lang

I bought the NV model because of the "insert point" which makes it
easy to put a compressor into the chain. Works for the way I work,
which relies on plugins / Pro Tools vs. analog processing.

Modest, but functional.

good luck!

dave