JWelsh3374

Default Need bass player/singer RIGHT NOW$$$$$$$

That, just like your reply to me, your initial post really makes you out
to be a serious asshole.

If someone wants to work for a serious asshole, then I agree you've got
a good position available.

Sigh.

READ my ORIGINAL post again, college student.

searching for peace, love and quality footwear
guido

http://www.guidotoons.com
http://www.theloniousmoog.com
http://www.luckymanclark.com
LeBaron & Alrich

Analogeezer wrote:

Please don't tell me that you figure bass is easier because it's got
fewer strings and you don't usually play chords...

It's easier because the strings are fatter and that makes 'em easier to
find.

--
ha

Dave Martin

"JWelsh3374" wrote in message

Got Clarol?

or liquid Prell!?!?!

I don't have a pearl to drop into the Prell, so I can't use it...

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio

John L Rice

Default Kick ass music! ( was Need bass player/singer RIGHT NOW$$$$$$$ )

but I take it you guys are not doing Return to Forever or Weather
Report tunes at these gigs.

I used to practice along with Celebration Suite off of No Mystery and also
Mahavishnu stuff off of Visions Of The Emerald Beyond. Man, good times and
awesome music!

John L Rice

Chris/Power Salad

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 22:38:44 -0700, "John L Rice"
wrote:
but I take it you guys are not doing Return to Forever or Weather
Report tunes at these gigs.

I used to practice along with Celebration Suite off of No Mystery and also
Mahavishnu stuff off of Visions Of The Emerald Beyond.

When I was 17 or so I made a personal project out of transcribing and
learning "Teen Town" - luckily after such a daunting task (took close
to a year, I've also transcribed Zappa's "Moggio" for a friend's
percussion recital) it's something that stays with ya over the years
and I can still play it quite well, thankfully...The fun part is
warming up with it these days, say if I'm sitting in a pit orchestra
or something, and some now-17-year-old hears it...."Whoa, Jaco, man!!"

These days I'm more interested in playing stylistically correct (i.e.
not playing "Teen Town"-style over "One Fine Day"!!!!)

On-topic to RAP: I oft-times make a little money recording music for
other folks.

Chris/Power Salad (comedy music)
www.powersalad.com
Analogeezer

"John L Rice" wrote in message ...
but I take it you guys are not doing Return to Forever or Weather
Report tunes at these gigs.

I used to practice along with Celebration Suite off of No Mystery and also
Mahavishnu stuff off of Visions Of The Emerald Beyond. Man, good times and
awesome music!

John L Rice

Good thing we don't live in the same town...we'd just talk about music
or listen to the stuff we both seem to like all the time and never
make any actual music ourselves!!

BTW, a Neve that was used to record ELP "Works" is on Ebay
now...starts at $230k.

(Was supposedly owned by Queen, did a bunch of Bowie, Yes, Montereux
Jazz fest stuff, the desk is in Switzerland).

Analogeezer

Dave Martin

"Chris/Power Salad" wrote in message

These days I'm more interested in playing stylistically correct (i.e.
not playing "Teen Town"-style over "One Fine Day"!!!!)

Why? 'Stylistically correct' isn't as much fun as 'What the hell did you
just do?'

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio

LeBaron & Alrich

Musikboy wrote:

I agree. this guys sound like a real dick and to tell you the truth its
a lousy corporate gig. why do you need a guy who's kept in shape? to
turn on all the 60ish ceos? nobody even pays attention at these lousy
gigs. and having to know all those lousy songs. what a PITA!!! and
acting as though $300 per day is great for a road gig, well in town
clubdates pay that much and you can do 2 a day on the weekend. it's not
as though your gig is as good as buddy rich's and you can act out all
over everybody.

What's with you knee deep bull****ters? Guido has a gig, needs a bass
player, states the specs for the gig, and you people wad your panties
into a party hat. It's his gig, pays what it pays, and you can take it
or leave it. But you know less than nothing about Guido in person, and
apparently less than that about presentation where the packaging is
important. I don't fit those types of gigs. I ain't that package. I'm
too old, too skinny, and too hairy. I play different material. But I'm
glad he has the work to offer folks. I don't recall seeing either of you
offering paying work for musos in this forum. So shut the **** up and go
back to your imaginary stardumb.

--
hank alrich * secret mountain
audio recording * music production * sound reinforcement
EggHd

and you people wad your pantiesinto a party hat.

This could be bigger than edible panties.

---------------------------------------
LeBaron & Alrich

Aaron Johnston wrote:

In article , LeBaron &
Alrich wrote:

I don't recall seeing either of you
offering paying work for musos in this forum. So shut the **** up and go
back to your imaginary stardumb.

Does being this large an asshole take a lot of work on your part, or do
you come by the talent naturally?

It's a highly developed skill, Dickpimple, and that's "Mr. Asshole" to
the likes of a putz like yourself.

--
ha

LeBaron & Alrich

EggHd wrote:

and you people wad your panties into a party hat.

This could be bigger than edible panties.

With enough compression, definitely.

--
ha
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"LeBaron & Alrich" wrote in message ...
David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

"Dave Martin" wrote...

Why? 'Stylistically correct' isn't as much fun as 'What the hell did you
just do?'

As long as you can do it again later. ;-)

Whatsamatta, bubba, did th DAW give up on ya?

I forgot to press record.

JWelsh3374

Yeah. ****ty gig. Yer right...stay clear of it, Muzakboy.

and
acting as though $300 per day is great for a road gig, well in town
clubdates pay that much and you can do 2 a day on the weekend. it's not
as though your gig is as good as buddy rich's and you can act out all
over everybody.

Lol...I get it. You are stupid. For a second there I was starting to hate
myself.

Buh-bye!

searching for peace, love and quality footwear
guido

http://www.guidotoons.com
http://www.theloniousmoog.com
http://www.luckymanclark.com
LeBaron & Alrich

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

"LeBaron & Alrich" wrote...

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

"Dave Martin" wrote...

Why? 'Stylistically correct' isn't as much fun as 'What the hell did you
just do?'

As long as you can do it again later. ;-)

Whatsamatta, bubba, did th DAW give up on ya?

I forgot to press record.

O hate when that happens; who am I? Where's my guitar?

--
ha
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"LeBaron & Alrich" wrote in message ...
David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

"LeBaron & Alrich" wrote...

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

"Dave Martin" wrote...

Why? 'Stylistically correct' isn't as much fun as 'What the hell did you
just do?'

As long as you can do it again later. ;-)

Whatsamatta, bubba, did th DAW give up on ya?

I forgot to press record.

O hate when that happens; who am I?

Where's my guitar?

It's a virtual plugin that I can't bring up while tracking the full band due to
CPU overhead problems.

And really, it's not that I forgot to press record, it's just that I was going
to arm your track on the fly for your solo before I realized you can't do
that on a DAW.

DM

Les Cargill

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote:

"LeBaron & Alrich" wrote in message ...
David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

"LeBaron & Alrich" wrote...

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

"Dave Martin" wrote...

Why? 'Stylistically correct' isn't as much fun as 'What the hell did you
just do?'

As long as you can do it again later. ;-)

Whatsamatta, bubba, did th DAW give up on ya?

I forgot to press record.

O hate when that happens; who am I?

Where's my guitar?

It's a virtual plugin that I can't bring up while tracking the full band due to
CPU overhead problems.

And really, it's not that I forgot to press record, it's just that I was going
to arm your track on the fly for your solo before I realized you can't do
that on a DAW.

DM

Which DAW? Can too, for the few I've seen. Yes, you may
have to move stuff around later to get it all lined up
vertically, but the data is there. His "track" is just
no longer a continuous stripe on a tape surface.

I know - there was a long thread about this before. But please
don't tell me Nuendo doesn't punch... For that matter,
lowly N-track allows undoable punchin on "existing" horizontal
stripes on the screen.

--
Les Cargill
Les Cargill

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote:

"Les Cargill" wrote in message ...
"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote:

"LeBaron & Alrich" wrote in message ...
David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

"LeBaron & Alrich" wrote...

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

"Dave Martin" wrote...

[...]

Sure Nuendo 'punches'. I'm talking about arming a track on the fly....

TTBOMK, you can pre-program punches on any DAW, but if word-clock
is involved you can not arm a track on the fly when the red light is *already*
on. Not even in ProTools. Not even on ADATS if using a BRC - except from
the face of the actual machine... which might mean trouble if it's located
remotely from the BRC.

I'm saying you are recording a full-blown ensemble, and want to leave the
trash off of a track except for the parts where the instrument assigned to
that track is supposed to play. I'm saying you put a tape machine in record
and then arm and disarm tracks as needed to make changes. Works on
analogue and on digital machines like the Mitsu or Sony. It's a no-go on
any DAW I am aware of.

Yes, but all you gotta do is write down the range of times you wanna
exclude, then scrub the section with the wave editor. Wouldn't
everybody want this? Why make it work with one simple motion, when
an entire procedure occupying several paragraphs will do?

As a developer, I still do not understand the resistance of
alleged computer people to making interfaces as simple as humanly
possible.

(Sure, arm the track before hitting record and use a console mute in the
interim, but no track arming on the fly for the all-digital DAW - - I'm open
for the usual corrections to my errors, as always)

I just didn't fully understand your comment from a hi-Z problem
on this end

--
Les Cargill

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s.com

--
Les Cargill
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message news:znr1057877997k@trad...

In article writes:

I'm saying you are recording a full-blown ensemble, and want to leave the
trash off of a track except for the parts where the instrument assigned to
that track is supposed to play. I'm saying you put a tape machine in record
and then arm and disarm tracks as needed to make changes. Works on
analogue and on digital machines like the Mitsu or Sony. It's a no-go on
any DAW I am aware of.

I remember reading about this a while back and thought it was pretty
silly. The Mackie hard disk recorders let you enter Record with either
the big button or the little buttons. Never any question about it.

Is this true if the Mackie is running on external word clock... say, from
the Apogee on a d8b, or some other external clock source? Is this
also true when using the Toslink inputs or just the analogue inputs?

On the other hand, perhaps DAW operators simply work differently. They
don't care about keeping the tracks clean (and risk missing something)
since it's so easy to do right after the take. Good operators probably
just do it without saying "let me have half a minute to clean up the
start of the track." So maybe the people who designed that software
just thought about a different working paradigm.

Yea.. like Les mentions, you can suffer with re-aligning tracks, or you
can take my feeble 'silence' illustration and swipe the region clean after
the fact. But that's sorta' my point, it's *after* the fact... either by design
or lack there of.

Kind of hard to accept that you can't do a punch from the track-arming
buttons of an ADAT though.

You can from the face of a machine if using the analogue inputs, but not
from the autolocator... not once you've hit record.

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s.com
http://www.artisan-recordingstudio.com

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )

Carey Carlan

"David Morgan \(MAMS\)" wrote in
:

I'm saying you are recording a full-blown ensemble, and want to leave
the trash off of a track except for the parts where the instrument
assigned to that track is supposed to play. I'm saying you put a tape
machine in record and then arm and disarm tracks as needed to make
changes. Works on analogue and on digital machines like the Mitsu or
Sony. It's a no-go on any DAW I am aware of.

Cool Edit Pro's solution to this is to set the punchin regions in advance.
You can specify any number of regions per track, arm the track, and it will
only record in the prescribed regions.
Buster Mudd

"David Morgan \(MAMS\)" wrote in message . ..

TTBOMK, you can pre-program punches on any DAW, but if word-clock
is involved you can not arm a track on the fly when the red light is *already*
on. Not even in ProTools. Not even on ADATS if using a BRC - except from
the face of the actual machine... which might mean trouble if it's located
remotely from the BRC.

I'm saying you are recording a full-blown ensemble, and want to leave the
trash off of a track except for the parts where the instrument assigned to
that track is supposed to play. I'm saying you put a tape machine in record
and then arm and disarm tracks as needed to make changes. Works on
analogue and on digital machines like the Mitsu or Sony. It's a no-go on
any DAW I am aware of.

I'm thinking Digital Performer...though your comment about wordclock
may be the killer caveat. I know DP will _not_ allow you to assign an
input to a track while "tape is rolling" -- at least not without major
muting & random timing glitches -- but once the input assignment has
been made you can toggle that track's individual record status
independently of the Big Red Button. Again, not sure if slaving to
external wc would disable this ability.
Tommy B

I was told this was a capital offense in Texas.
True or False?
Oh, I rember doing a date in the infamous studio where They produced the
great Steely Dan's "Where Did The Music Go?" An unfortunate gig to say the
least. This to me is the only thing worse than forgetting to push record.
I asked what was that smudge on the wall in the corner was, and the new
asst.eng. said he was told that's where Becker & Fagen stared at the guy
with so much intensity, he burst into flame and was consumed.
Now that's tough!!!!
Tom
Tom
"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message

"LeBaron & Alrich" wrote in message

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

"Dave Martin" wrote...

Why? 'Stylistically correct' isn't as much fun as 'What the hell did

you
just do?'

As long as you can do it again later. ;-)

Whatsamatta, bubba, did th DAW give up on ya?

I forgot to press record.

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Carey Carlan" wrote in message . 10...
(LeBaron & Alrich) wrote in
:

Carey Carlan wrote:

"David Morgan \(MAMS\)" wrote in
:

I'm saying you are recording a full-blown ensemble, and want to
leave the trash off of a track except for the parts where the
instrument assigned to that track is supposed to play. I'm saying
you put a tape machine in record and then arm and disarm tracks as
needed to make changes. Works on analogue and on digital machines
like the Mitsu or Sony. It's a no-go on any DAW I am aware of.

Cool Edit Pro's solution to this is to set the punchin regions in
advance. You can specify any number of regions per track, arm the
track, and it will only record in the prescribed regions.

That's great, but I have to sit there with my guitar waiting for
"We're rolling" until you're through with that, and that's far less
"Let's go for it" than arming and disarming on the fly. There are
almost always ways to get DAWs to do something, but sometimes it's at
the cost of "wasted" time.

Agreed, but your statement was "it couldn't be done". I responded with "it
can be done, but it's a hassle."

My statement was that it couldn't be done. It can't... unless Mike Rivers
convinces me that Mackie has somehow circumvented this. You are
describing a scenario wherein a set of tracks are already laid and you're
essentially programming a 'punch-in'. No brainer....

I'm describing a scenario where the band is already playing and you're in
record mode, when (for example) the keyboard player who is tracking in
the control room and thought he would lay out so his track isn't armed,
says, "Hey! I've got an idea. Put me in on the chorus..."

TTVBOMK, ain't gonna' happen on an all-digital DAW set up.

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s.com
http://www.artisan-recordingstudio.com

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Tommy B" wrote in message rthlink.net...
I was told this was a capital offense in Texas.
True or False?

I think it's an industry related capital offense. ;-) Punishment varies....

DM

Oh, I rember doing a date in the infamous studio where They produced the
great Steely Dan's "Where Did The Music Go?" An unfortunate gig to say the
least. This to me is the only thing worse than forgetting to push record.
I asked what was that smudge on the wall in the corner was, and the new
asst.eng. said he was told that's where Becker & Fagen stared at the guy
with so much intensity, he burst into flame and was consumed.
Now that's tough!!!!

Tom

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message

"LeBaron & Alrich" wrote in message