Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers

Default One of Our Own Gets Airplay

Apropos of the discussion of professional artists who record at home:

I was llistening to KKJZ this morning and heard a tune from Nate Najar.
OK, so maybe he's not as famous as Diana Krall (and probably not as
good looking) but it's nice that a jazz player producing his own
recordings is doing it in a way that he gets noticed by one of the top
jazz radio stations in the US.

Good going, Nate!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Evangelos Himonides

Many congratulations from this side of the pond as well!!!
Everything that I've heard so far from Nate has been of incredible
musicianship and artistry.
My best wishes and I hope that your music will soon be in jazz radio
stations outside the US as well (if that's not the case already).

Evangelos

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar

THanks Mike! Someone else told me they heard that disc on that station
this morning too. That disc was in pretty heavy rotation around the
country about a year and a half ago when it came out. I recorded it in
my living room with a da38, a tascam tmd1000 digital baord and a
handful of akg c3000's. And I didn't know what I was doing! Now I
have a lot more experience and knowledge, better preamps, mics, pro
tools, etc... and I'm mkaing worse recordings! go figure. Your advice
(and everyone else on this forum) has helped a lot though.

THanks,

Nate

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers

Nate Najar wrote:
THanks Mike! Someone else told me they heard that disc on that station
this morning too. That disc was in pretty heavy rotation around the
country about a year and a half ago when it came out.

That's pretty impressive. You must have a pretty good PR system.

I recorded it in
my living room with a da38, a tascam tmd1000 digital baord and a
handful of akg c3000's. And I didn't know what I was doing!

Goes to show you - I was listening to it over the Internet with the
Windows Media player, and it was enjoyable. I didn't even think about
what it might have been recorded on. There wasn't anything about the
sound that made me curious - and that's a good thing. I can be just
like a normal consumer most of the time.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
John L Rice

Nate Najar" wrote in message
roups.com...
THanks Mike! Someone else told me they heard that disc on that station
this morning too. That disc was in pretty heavy rotation around the
country about a year and a half ago when it came out. I recorded it in
my living room with a da38, a tascam tmd1000 digital baord and a
handful of akg c3000's. And I didn't know what I was doing! Now I
have a lot more experience and knowledge, better preamps, mics, pro
tools, etc... and I'm mkaing worse recordings! go figure. Your advice
(and everyone else on this forum) has helped a lot though.

THanks,

Nate

Many congrats Nate!

--
John L Rice
www.DeliriumFix.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Stamler

Another of our own has been getting airplay for a couple of years. It's
Anahata; he plays cello in a duo (with Mary Humphreys) that plays
traditional English songs, and they put out a CD called "Sharp Practice" on
the English folk label WildGoose a couple of years ago. It's a very
impressive disc, and I've been airing it on and off since it got here. It's
a good'un -- check it out if you get the chance.

Peace,
Paul